Windows Vista: Skill Level Bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
.:age:.
Peon
Peon

Windows Vista: Skill Level Bug

Post by .:age:. »

Okay, when i'm selecting my character after connecting to the character server it says my job level is 10 which is the max for the basic skills.

However, once i'm in the game and i click on the Skills button, it says my basic skill's level is 9. When i click the Status button and look at my Job XP, it says it's at max.

i'm running version 0.0.29.1 (eAthena) and my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Anyone else having this problem?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Windows Vista: Skill Level Bug

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:age:. wrote:Okay, when i'm selecting my character after connecting to the character server it says my job level is 10 which is the max for the basic skills.

However, once i'm in the game and i click on the Skills button, it says my basic skill's level is 9. When i click the Status button and look at my Job XP, it says it's at max.

i'm running version 0.0.29.1 (eAthena) and my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Job level gives you points that you can spend in appropriate skills. You have one unused point.
Peon
Peon

jaxad0127 wrote:
.:age:. wrote:Okay, when i'm selecting my character after connecting to the character server it says my job level is 10 which is the max for the basic skills.

Job level gives you points that you can spend in appropriate skills. You have one unused point.
Nope, my points are zero. See attached.
Attachments
Notice the Job level on the Status pane and the level and skill points on the skills pane.
Notice the Job level on the Status pane and the level and skill points on the skills pane.
cut.png (179.02 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
"The past often attacks the present with the pain of memories."
-Unknown
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

one thing is status
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Stats
remaining status points are the points you did not affect or could not affect to your habilities : Str, agi, vit, int, dext, luck

another thing are skills
those are jobs habilities : siting, trading, etc
regarding the skills points skills yes you are right i noticed this too.

Have fun

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Beyond level 7, basic does nothing.
Peon
Peon

jaxad0127 wrote:Beyond level 7, basic does nothing.
Aye, i know that levels 8, 9, and 10 "aren't implemented," and i suppose a small typo is forgivable, but i'm OCD and was taught about code completeness, so there's nothing i can do.

Anywho, the main thing was whether it really is a bug or if i'm just special.
-Unknown
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:age:. wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:Beyond level 7, basic does nothing.
Aye, i know that levels 8, 9, and 10 "aren't implemented," and i suppose a small typo is forgivable, but i'm OCD and was taught about code completeness, so there's nothing i can do.

Anywho, the main thing was whether it really is a bug or if i'm just special.
Our current production server software is strange at times.
Peon
Peon

Barring the very political reply and giving up on attempting to avoid what may be a shameless plug, i'm using The Mana World Portable Rev 3 from portableapps.com.

Having that said, i suppose the next question is whether a portable version of the TMW client could possibly cause this bug/glitch/unclassified error or if it is strictly server side?
-Unknown
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:age:. wrote:Barring the very political reply and giving up on attempting to avoid what may be a shameless plug, i'm using The Mana World Portable Rev 3 from portableapps.com.

Having that said, i suppose the next question is whether a portable version of the TMW client could possibly cause this bug/glitch/unclassified error or if it is strictly server side?
We've seen it before. It's a server bug.
Peon
Peon

jaxad0127 wrote:
.:age:. wrote:Barring the very political reply and giving up on attempting to avoid what may be a shameless plug, i'm using The Mana World Portable Rev 3 from portableapps.com.

We've seen it before. It's a server bug.
Great, thank you for the info. It helps just to know, you know?
-Unknown