Monster sprite collision with player

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Monster sprite collision with player

Post by Bear »

OK, one issue that i cant keep my eyes off of is... The Large maggots... when i face them from the side, they keep having theyr head on me -_-

Im sorry to say but that is NOT right -_-, is there a way to keep a space between monsters and characters?

like... instead of just using hte ONE tile the maggot is on, make it so the maggot takes 2 tiles to stand on :o
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

The collision system is rather imprecise and inconvenient like it is anyway, and with our new server we'll be looking for another solution. I think most will prefer to drop the tile-based movement. At the same time I'd like to switch to a system where creatures have a radius that can vary with their size. Well this should for example solve the problem where a maggot head sticks through your body.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

I agree drop the tile based system and base it off their size.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well we could create (with the new server) xml files containing monster properties such as bounding boxes for every frame i think...