Thumbs up boys and girls thumbs way up!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Null
Peon
Peon

Thumbs up boys and girls thumbs way up!

Post by Null »

I was not sure where to post this so ill do it here since it technically counts as feedback 0o i think .

Ive been playing for some time now, and i just have to come forward and express how much i love this game.

Having played another Free mmorpg i came to be very bitter towards the whole genre ,in that particular game im never anything but angry .

In this other game the death penalty includes loss of skills ,lvls ,items and equipments so you tend to not want to have fun or take risks .Plus all skills and lvls must be attained seperatley and as i am now it takes me almost 2 days or more of straight "training" to boost my skills a point.

However TMW provides a fun atmosphere where i can simply hunt and chat and enjoy myself without worry ,the comunity should also be praised as ive never before seen so many friendly people in this type of game before.Also the lvl system here is so much more personal i can choose to distribute my points wherever i want and the points come with the lvls instead of being seperate. Finally The music in tmw is in true rpg fashion its just so epic and the char customization makes it even more fun to play .

I just wanna say good work guys and gals of the development teams . Keep up the good work !!
.:age:.
Peon
Peon

Re: Thumbs up boys and girls thumbs way up!

Post by .:age:. »

i agree. i remember when i first died as a n00b i thought "Oh, Bugenhagen (because i heart FFVII) what happened?!" So, i checked my GP, my XP, my max HP, my items, and my stats expecting something to go down as punishment for taking on a Giant Maggot, knowing i'd get creamed in the process.

To both my surprise and gratitude, nothing happened, aside from starting back in Tulimshar. So, it is great to play a game for the sake of playing and having fun. i, too, am grateful for this RPG freedom.
"The past often attacks the present with the pain of memories."
-Unknown
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

.:age:. wrote:i agree. i remember when i first died as a n00b i thought "Oh, Bugenhagen (because i heart FFVII) what happened?!" So, i checked my GP, my XP, my max HP, my items, and my stats expecting something to go down as punishment for taking on a Giant Maggot, knowing i'd get creamed in the process.

To both my surprise and gratitude, nothing happened, aside from starting back in Tulimshar. So, it is great to play a game for the sake of playing and having fun. i, too, am grateful for this RPG freedom.
Where is the fun in that... Seriously! Its so bland and causal, without risk it's not even a game just a fashion show... in which your levels only show off your ability to waste time. (IMO)

I'm guessing you'd hate Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but would love Prey
(I'm not saying any game should be anywhere near as hard as Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts)
Pixel Battalion
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

When WoA gets popular I want a fully PvP server with permanent character death. :twisted:
~Feline Monstrosity
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

whats wrong with casual fun ? does everything have to be halo to everyone ,a giant compedative greed fest full of annoying folks that just have to be better than other ppl ?

The casual nature of this game is what sets it apart and makes me love it. Its not about whos got the biggest baddest lvl , or how many other players you left broken in your wake its about having fun .

u say wheres the fun in that?

where is the fun in lvling , loosing ur crap and having to get it back then loosing it again ? thats not fun in my books thats pointless nonsense . its a game it doesnt need "fear of death " if thats your bag , go sky diving or wander around in bear country . I dont see any need for fear in a game , games are for fun to be enjoyed not to be frustrated at because some jerkhole lured a high lvl monster on you for the 50th time and now ur back to recovering everything all over again .

i dont mean to sound rude or hatefull guys but understand i come from a game with a ridiculously strict death penalty its why i came here to enjoy a more passive experince .TMW is the funnest mmo ive played a death penalty would just force me to move on yet again and i dont find that idea pleasant in the slightest.

this game is so untouched by the shallow nature of modern gamers , the kind of ppl who purchase a game usually an FPS and are a lvl 50 with half the guns before they even THINK about playing the main game.

Games have become all about the flash and the person vs person whos got the bigger wang dang doogle contest . Ppl only care about winning and being better than others .

Thats the first thing i noticed upon comming here , nobody was rude to me or tried to do me harm everyone is friendly because the game is just fun .Games with penalties and complications are full of cocky rude ppl its just not nessesary .

i can safley say if i could only ever play 5 games for the rest of my life i can without a doubt say TMW would be in those 5 and thats saying alot for a 2d "fashion show"
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Null wrote:TMW is the funnest mmo ive played \
:lol:
this game is so untouched by the shallow nature of modern gamers ,
Modern gaming is easy, and becoming increasingly easier... halo is causal btw
because some jerkhole lured a high lvl monster on you for the 50th time and now ur back to recovering everything all over again .
Death through poor level design don't factor into my argument (nice try with the straw-man). Games need to have some challenge, some strategy... some reason to avoid death (it needn't be super harsh but it should sting)
"Games have become all about the flash and the person vs person whos got the bigger wang dang doogle contest . Ppl only care about winning and being better than others ."
My memory of what it was like playing street fighters or beating my sister in mario cart must be faulty...

I purpose bringing people together under the banner of a common enemy, You'll have a family and be brothers at arms. The world must be a dangerous place that you dare not take lightly or attempt going it alone... But if a fashion show chat room is your thing congratulations you've found your game
Pixel Battalion
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

I have to agree that this is more than just a "fashion show". Indeed it is not risky to die, but why can't some games just be a fun community? We talk, we share, we help find items, we give stuff to noobs. It's laid back. It's fun for people who just want to relax... kind of a virtual vacation! All the other games we play can have levels of stress involved when played for hours on end, then dying once you loose it all. This gives us a chance to still play a game, but relax a little.

Also, you seem to be saying a lot about how this game is not fun to be a developer... :?

I did find another free game that does have some, very little, but some penalty for dying (slight loss of current xp %). The game is AruaROSE. It's 3D and pretty cool, and it's just as free as this is. Not as many people playing at one time usually, tho.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Also, you seem to be saying a lot about how this game is not fun to be a developer...
I'm not a developer for this game anymore :lol:
developers needn't like the game (just enjoy working on it )
I have to agree that this is more than just a "fashion show". Indeed it is not risky to die, but why can't some games just be a fun community? We talk, we share, we help find items, we give stuff to noobs. It's laid back. It's fun for people who just want to relax... kind of a virtual vacation! All the other games we play can have levels of stress involved when played for hours on end, then dying once you loose it all. This gives us a chance to still play a game, but relax a little.
you can talk, share, relax, help find items, and give stuff to noobs in any MMO
Last edited by Len on 15 Jul 2009, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel Battalion
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

Mabye for some its all about victory for the victor but not for me and thats the problem with any community including online gaming everyone has their own opinion of things so change is something that is adressed with caution in most cases.

To me playing (and ill use ur example) mario cart in the old days had nothing to do with winning , i just liked to have fun driving around shooting shells at that stupid monkey it was just fun to experince winning was never part of the fun for me .

im not saying we shouldnt have a death penalty at all but theres no need for a retardedly strict one such as what im used to putting up with .

The risk of loosing things i worked so hard to attain makes me NOT want to play or go fight monsters ,That risk REMOVES my motivation to play and limits my fun having potential considerably . I dont want to go and fight strong monsters in an epic battle with friends if im gonna end up dying like i did yesterday and loose my crap .Ill just sit in town and chat , the game would become nothing more than msn with some graphics attached to it .

But again these are just my own personal veiws , im not saying your wrong or anything ,nobody is wrong. I understand ppl like to have a challange but that doesnt nessesarily mean we need to have a sever penalty .i mean loosing one lvl is not a bad thing and its enough to make you wanna avoid death but go to far and ppl will avoid TOO much and just not hunt what so ever .

thats how i see it anyways

Btw halo is far from a casual exp , u cant go on halo and just chat up ppl like u can here its all about win win win frag frag frag kill kill kill get the high score and brag to your friends , then argue via your mic and put ppl down because they cant press buttons on a peice of plastic as good as you can . Online fps games are the last thing i think of when i wanna lay back and casually do some gaming .