What about the possibility to pvp ?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

What about the possibility to pvp ?

Post by Jumpy »

hi :D
in this post i am joking, provoquing but also i am serious so take the time to reed this please and have more than positions or reflexions on it! :mrgreen:

this will just express what high level players think atm
i wonder what mid or low lvl are thinking about it...

so you know i hate pvp i really think it should not be everywhere BUT

i am upset, annoyed i feel harrassed byt hose mages coming with there thunders and lighting
I wan't to have PVP so that i can kill those mage and be abble to get some reasonable xp on skulls or jack0

did i level 95 just to see a mage coming and getting all the xp ?

come on guys
devs ! !

there is something unfair and wrong in this!
at least give us a weapon or rebalance the effects of magic attacks
or you only want this world to go magic ?

really i don't understand what you are doing and where you are going

i like magic
it is a test serv and a test game in dev
hope you'll reed this and think about it

Regards and thanks again for the game
but i come here for fun not for being upset by unfair stuff such as those

have a smile ;) 8)

justa way to express what so many player think
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: What about the possibility to pvp ?

Post by Len »

They do more damage at the cost of defense... if your a warrior, your a meat shield not a nuker
Pixel Battalion
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Jumpy is very wise, why have i played for months to get to level 95 so that a magic user can do 4 times the damage i do who is level 80?

i'm not looking for favors, but a level 99 magic user should be equal to a level 99 warrior, not 4 times greater.

i dont want more, nor do i deserve more. i just deserve a level playing field. Lets rethink here, please!

Please dont respond to my post, just jumpy's! i wanted my feelings expressed to the dv team.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Personally I agree with Len. There are major advantages and disadvantages to both types of attack. For example, as a magic user I really sacrifices defense and a lot of times I get killed by the skull I'm attacking and miss the exp anyway, because I respawned at Soul Mehir and by the time I get back someone else has already killed the skull.

I think that what we should see is a differentiation between certain monsters that MUST be killed using magic (attacking with melee or archery does little if any damage) and monsters that MUST be attacked by warriors (magic attacks do little if any damage, even lightening.)

This will balance everything, giving mages a chance to blow things up with lightning to their hearts content, and warriors a chance to hack things to pieces to their hearts content.

Just my idea. I think that we will probably see it in the future, with monsters that have very high magic defense and lower melee defense, and monsters that have high melee defense but lower magic defense.

Maybe even make poison skulls ones with really high melle defense so that they must be attacked with magic and fire skulls ones with high magic defense so that they must be attacked with melee. This could even things out some and allow mages and warriors to work together to kill skulls with less strife.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

prsm wrote: i'm not looking for favors, but a level 99 magic user should be equal to a level 99 warrior, not 4 times greater.
Dude magic users are throwing money at the enemy, plus they sacrifice defense... it would be unbalanced if they didn't out damage a warrior. (every specialization needs a downside)

they might currently do too much damage, yes but they should still out damage a warrior (even if they are nurfed)

personally I believe the game would be move interesting if the magic system used a web... Example becoming good at one type of magic weakens its opposite on the web (so becoming good in war magic makes you a useless healer)
Pixel Battalion
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

well Len interesting

give me items, equipement and quests so that as a warrior i can spent my money on...

i don't see your point right now... low defense... :D ahahah : come in skull room where one mage won't be touched surrounded by 3 or 4 or warriors
and you'll get 1.5 k with lvl 95. he 'll make 8 k and we will talk of how you feel in front of that...

where do you see that it is expensive to be a mage ?
it costs a reset to change you status combination
make 50 % of a level to get the items you need as a mage
and then make the 50 other % as a mage...
tell me where and how it is expensive.

looks like you level faster being a mage than a warrior... is this just a feeling i have or anyone has done calculation to figure this out?

My point is that the game is nowadays unbalanced regarding the situation i descibed earlier.

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Jumpy wrote:well Len interesting

give me items, equipement and quests so that as a warrior i can spent my money on...

i don't see your point right now... low defense... :D ahahah : come in skull room where one mage won't be touched surrounded by 3 or 4 or warriors
and you'll get 1.5 k with lvl 95. he 'll make 8 k and we will talk of how you feel in front of that...

where do you see that it is expensive to be a mage ?
it costs a reset to change you status combination
make 50 % of a level to get the items you need as a mage
and then make the 50 other % as a mage...
tell me where and how it is expensive.

looks like you level faster being a mage than a warrior... is this just a feeling i have or anyone has done calculation to figure this out?

My point is that the game is nowadays unbalanced regarding the situation i descibed earlier.

Regards
Become a mage and test out your hypothesis and return with your data
Pixel Battalion
Nathan2063
Peon
Peon

Post by Nathan2063 »

Hi everyone,

currently I am at lvl 55 and tryed both, magic and ou will need time and/or money to get iron ore to convert to iron powder, wich in turn you will need for lightning. Plus the spell for lightning won't last very long. I am not sure if you can kill one skull with one pile of iron powder at higher lvls of magic but at the moment I can not.

The other side I see is that with magic you won't need to save iron ore for a helmet and a metal shield, so this might be just a one time investment it is expensive.

An further point I like to add is, I have seen warriors that take little or no damage while attacking a skull. That will mean a magician will not get exp by healing them and because a magican has little defense you will get killed quite often by attacking a skull. So, if you can not kill a skull fast as a magican (with lightning) then it will get harder to get exp and you will have problems to get the things that skulls drop.

To finish my point of view, I fully agree with Inkweaver, that it would be nice to have magic as web, so that your abilitys to heal get weaker, the better you are in war magic.
Did you know that 87.166253% of all statistics claim a precision of results that is not justified by the method employed?
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

as a reminder if some did not read this
Jumpy wrote:hi :D
in this post i am joking, provoquing but also i am serious so take the time to reed this please and have more than positions or reflexions on it! :mrgreen:

.../...

have a smile ;) 8)

justa way to express what so many player think
thanks for participating so that we know more about magic goes and develops and will develop in futur :D
Jumpy wrote:An further point I like to add is, I have seen warriors that take little or no damage while attacking a skull. That will mean a magician will not get exp by healing them and because a magican has little defense you will get killed quite often by attacking a skull. So, if you can not kill a skull fast as a magican (with lightning) then it will get harder to get exp and you will have problems to get the things that skulls drop.
1st point: i would highly recommand you to /w lamb or /w undecim. sot that they are teach you the way they play with magic

2nd point: come to me when you'll see Jumpy InGame /w Jumpy we'll go to skull and you'll make between 1.5 to 2 k on skull just siting and healing. a lots of players that have vit 77 or around are quiting theirs protection so that mage get a lots of xp just siting on the floor and healing :) maybe you did not find in the right place with the right players :) ask Wayne this morning i think he made some quiet good xp with me ;)

have fun

Regards all :)
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Nathan2063 wrote: To finish my point of view, I fully agree with Inkweaver, that it would be nice to have magic as web, so that your abilitys to heal get weaker, the better you are in war magic.
Ummmm, that's not what I said.

I said that we need monsters that must be killed with magic because they have high melee defense but lower magic defense, and monsters that can not be killed with magic because they have such high magic defense that warriors have to kill them.

It's the only solution to these problems.

It would allow specialization, with mages fighting their monsters and warriors fighting their own. If mages tried to fight the warriors monsters then they would do little damage, If warriors tried to fight the mage's monsters it would do little damage.

This is my point:

Make poison skulls have really high dodge so that mages have to fight it and warriors can't touch it, even with 99 dex. Make Fire skulls have really high magic defense so that mages can't even touch them with lightning, even with 99 intelligence.

Then warriors and mages can work together without strife because they won't be stealing each other's exp and killing each others monsters.
Anna
Novice
Novice

Post by Anna »

I dont like the idea that a little level 50 mage can do 5 times the damage that a level 90+ worrior can do maxed out. especially when they are running 2 different characters at the same time, one on a pc and another on a laptop. (one as a worrior helping to protect the mage). Granted, the mage uses some materials to get the desired effects of lighting, but there should be a limit as to the level of what the mage can do, (Due to thier level). magic was introduced and put every other type of player (worrior and archer) out of business. loners were put out of business with the group fighting update..(ask doorsman about why is is still level 94?) His mine running was put to a stop after the little update that made the first level 99 capable. It increased the number of botters in this game, and made more openings for someone to catch the bots. those that made this game and make it possible for all the things that happen in this game are doing a fine job.(just suking up). I dont think you are looking at what it does to the rest of the game when you add something that everyone has been begging for, like the magic. not to mention the 7 million squirrrels running around dropping frickin herb leaves everywhere. Is this a game or a frickin walkthru help me I cant do it game? you are catering to the wants of the player, not the game. so what if there are 50 people trying to get a single mauve leaf from the same 2 plants, its part of the game. Since your catering to the people instead of the game, there isnt enough ore for all the mages to produce powder..maybe the yellow slimes will drop powder instead of ore. why is there even a spell to make iron powder if you gonna have someone make it for you? Make the person learn t make the powder by spending 30 frickin ore. alot of people have quit because of the new things in this game.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Anna wrote: alot of people have quit because of the new things in this game.
:lol: If they have, then they are being replaced by even more...
loners were put out of business with the group fighting update.
:lol: not really and this is a MMO (its expected that you work together with some people on some monsters and areas)

other than that most of what you said seems fair, but I still believe a mage should do more than a warrior how much more is debatable
Pixel Battalion
Nathan2063
Peon
Peon

Post by Nathan2063 »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

It seems I am very good in mixing up names, the one I fully agree with is Len not Inkweaver, sorry for that.

But now that I have read it all again I think both, the magic web and the differences in the monsters are good ideas wich should be implemented.

:D To reply to Jumpy, yes I have read the opening of you post, but I think there is a lot of truth in what is said here and it grips the foundations of the game in some way. :D
Did you know that 87.166253% of all statistics claim a precision of results that is not justified by the method employed?
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Magic has it's pros and cons, it's fine..
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Rygan
Peon
Peon

Post by Rygan »

The magic system isn't balanced for pvp vs. warrior kills-- a mage would easily die. A warrior is able to attack infinitely and do do damage, a mage, on the other hand, has to scrounge around for spell components in order to cast their attack and protection spells. They also can't wear heavy armor and attack.

Sure, a warrior could get hit for 700 HP of damage, but the mage has to stand still for a moment to zap, and then it takes time to recharge. The warrior could land several hits on the mage before his attack spells recharge for another burtal zap.

Currently, a mage stands no chance against a warrior with one or two large or medium healing potions on them. The only thing that could save a mage's silk underpants is snare or hold spell -- which currently does not exist.

Stop you're griping. Even an archer would smash a mage at this point till hold and ensnare spells are added to the mage's arsenal.