[WIP] Evil Eye Sprite Set

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[WIP] Evil Eye Sprite Set

Post by Wombat »

Here goes a slight alteration on the eyes of a character that could be a "monster" that must be killed to get the assassin armor. I haven't read anything on quests to get assassin armor yet, but it would seem to the quest would have to involve assassinating someone. If other people have plans for this armor, like some sort of Player Killing on a PvP map or something, I'm curious. If not, I'll make this a [WIP] because it is pretty simple to do.
Attachments
evil character face
evil character face
startingevil1player_male_base.png (1.82 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
Last edited by Wombat on 04 Aug 2009, 08:11, edited 3 times in total.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Who do I have to kill to get assassin armor?

Post by Wombat »

Here's the evil eye sprite naked. I believe I need to add equipment to them to complete them as monsters. If there is a way to equipped them as monsters, please let me know.
Attachments
evil1player_male_base.png
evil1player_male_base.png (47.49 KiB) Viewed 3785 times
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Who do I have to kill to get assassin armor?

Post by doorsman »

Since BlackDon is the armor designer, you could try to kill him :lol: Seriously, I'm not sure if there are plans for the assassin armor yet.
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
LaCorde
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP] Who do I have to kill to get assassin armor?

Post by LaCorde »

LOL looks good *KILLER* :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Please use the same positions that the main player sprite does. That'll make it easier to use. In the future, we could even use it as a variant for those that want a different face.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Here is the full "evil eye" sprite set.
Attachments
evil1player_male_base.png
evil1player_male_base.png (57.5 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

I think drawing the face as another layer is a better and more generic solution.

That could be fun to get the possibility to choose the face of your character when you creates it.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Bertram wrote:I think drawing the face as another layer is a better and more generic solution.

That could be fun to get the possibility to choose the face of your character when you creates it.
Yes, that is something I want to do too. Though different body sets are also nice.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

And skin colours. :)
~Feline Monstrosity
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I'm still working on the dollpart components of the player sprites... (I really should post the progress on this so far)...

One of the things that is getting componented are the eyes. Luckily Modanung reused the same eye sockets for most of the animation frames (per each direction, and the up direction has no viewable eyes).

I'll try to get the base template for the eyes' sheet (at least the male for now) out into gimp layered format so these will be easier for others to take a crack at expanding actions on.

Currently I've been toying with dyeable eye animations (though, who really wants to add in id's for those? :P )

Bless sprite layering!
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Fother J wrote:I'm still working on the dollpart components of the player sprites... (I really should post the progress on this so far)...

One of the things that is getting componented are the eyes. Luckily Modanung reused the same eye sockets for most of the animation frames (per each direction, and the up direction has no viewable eyes).

I'll try to get the base template for the eyes' sheet (at least the male for now) out into gimp layered format so these will be easier for others to take a crack at expanding actions on.

Currently I've been toying with dyeable eye animations (though, who really wants to add in id's for those? :P )

Bless sprite layering!
TMWServ will make it easier to manage dyes, so we won't need a new ID just for a recolor.

Priority in the doll parts area is on the head/body separation. The player sprites were intentionally made so that the head just changes position/expression, never turning or tilting.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Should I rename this "[FND] Evil Eye Sprite Set"?

There is a somewhat controversial idea of sprite layering for monsters here or it could just be another set of eyes for the player sprite. Either way, I think this is complete as it is and could be used to help build a player-sprite based monster as a separate project from this one.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Wombat wrote:Should I rename this "[FND] Evil Eye Sprite Set"?
Preferrably yes. Next time name it appropriately from the beginning too?
This message used to be meaningful.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [FND] Evil Eye Sprite Set

Post by Bertram »

Fother J wrote: I'm still working on the dollpart components of the player sprites... (I really should post the progress on this so far)...

Looks interesting to separate eyes from the body.

Could you do the same with the head?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [FND] Evil Eye Sprite Set

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Bertram wrote:
Fother J wrote: I'm still working on the dollpart components of the player sprites... (I really should post the progress on this so far)...

Looks interesting to separate eyes from the body.

Could you do the same with the head?
What about just the head. Have a separate head for each eye type. As for different eye colors, that part can be made recolorable (especially with tmwserv).