Vista: Character Name and Magic Casting Bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
.:age:.
Peon
Peon

Vista: Character Name and Magic Casting Bug

Post by .:age:. »

Using TMW v0.0.29.1 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Talked with Freeyorp about this for a while, who discovered why i cannot cast magic, but it hasn't even been put into mantis yet.

In anycase, it turns out that if your character name has a colon, ':', in it, it prevents that character from casting magic. In fact, it treats the cast as if it were regular text in the chat window and even goes so far as to display it publicly.

Now to address the doubts: M.Attack is 91, MP is 48, INT is 31, Character lvl is 27, Magic skill lvl is 1 and Nature magic skill lvl is 2, yes i have done the mana seed quest, and yes i am putting the pound sign.

Despite all this, i cannot even cast miteyo or abizit.

So, help?
"The past often attacks the present with the pain of memories."
-Unknown
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Vista: Character Name and Magic Casting Bug

Post by Bertram »

Hi .:age:.,

This has been added to mantis issues:
http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=787

Hope you'll get a fix soon, but as I saw you've got some coding knowledge,
are you interested in submitting a patch?

Regards,
Peon
Peon

Bertram wrote:Hi .:age:.,

Regards,
Actually, i have spend the past few days brushing up on OOC++ thanks to Stroustrup's book (he has an interesting way of introducing his own language, let me tell you) and figuring out gitorious, msysgit, and git extensions. Now, i just have to figure out how TMW client was written to work.

i've been trying to make a logout window for eAthena, but there aren't any header files that give as much ability to eAthena as TMWserv has.

Anywho, if i ever discover a solution, i'll definitely submit a patch. Especially seeing as i, too, would like a fix.
-Unknown
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:age:. wrote:
Bertram wrote:Hi .:age:.,

Regards,
Actually, i have spend the past few days brushing up on OOC++ thanks to Stroustrup's book (he has an interesting way of introducing his own language, let me tell you) and figuring out gitorious, msysgit, and git extensions. Now, i just have to figure out how TMW client was written to work.

i've been trying to make a logout window for eAthena, but there aren't any header files that give as much ability to eAthena as TMWserv has.

Anywho, if i ever discover a solution, i'll definitely submit a patch. Especially seeing as i, too, would like a fix.
This wouldn't be a client bug. I think the problem is eAthena uses : to separate the name and message internally.

What would the logout window do?
Peon
Peon

jaxad0127 wrote: This wouldn't be a client bug. I think the problem is eAthena uses : to separate the name and message internally.

So, you mean to say it's an issue with the server rather than the client? Hmm, cloning the server ought to be interesting...

i intended for the logout window to let eAthena users to logout of their account or switch characters instead of having to quit and closing the client. It's on the roadmap, but it's not going to be easy to implement.
-Unknown
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

I'm really not used to eAthena (and I know why...)

Would the bug turn around this file?
http://gitorious.org/tmw-eathena/mainli ... ter-base.c

I've seen Fate doing some commit for eAthena, so if I'm not wrong, he might the best person to handle it.
have a nice day.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:age:. wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote: This wouldn't be a client bug. I think the problem is eAthena uses : to separate the name and message internally.

So, you mean to say it's an issue with the server rather than the client? Hmm, cloning the server ought to be interesting...

i intended for the logout window to let eAthena users to logout of their account or switch characters instead of having to quit and closing the client. It's on the roadmap, but it's not going to be easy to implement.
We already have that working for tmwserv, so we can just use that gui. Looking at eAthena, it already support changing characters on the same account.
Bertram wrote:I'm really not used to eAthena (and I know why...)

Would the bug turn around this file?
http://gitorious.org/tmw-eathena/mainli ... ter-base.c

I've seen Fate doing some commit for eAthena, so if I'm not wrong, he might the best person to handle it.
have a nice day.
Fate wrote the magic system. The problem is, every chat message sent to the server is like this: Nick: message
Since the nick contains ':', the server doesn't know where to parse out the nick. The magic interpreter could be made smarter to use the character's nick (which it already knows) to parse it out of the message.