can't run, compiles fine

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
acejz
Peon
Peon

can't run, compiles fine

Post by acejz »

Hey all, the program configured and compiled without any problems, but when I try to run it I get the following error message:

tmw: error while loading shared libraries: libguichan_sdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What's causing this?

Thanks.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

oh,did you run ldconfig?.
did you installed guichan trough a linux ditro build?(ebuild,deb).

i got the same prob long time ago i needed to move all the guichan lib
to /usr/lib instead of /usr/local/lib

get us more info about which ditro are you using.and about guichan(version using,install path)

thx you
acejz
Peon
Peon

Post by acejz »

Ah ok I moved all the libphsyfs and guichan files to /usr/lib and it works now, thanks.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

You see alternative you could tell your system to look for libraries in /usr/local/lib by adding that path to your /etc/ld.so.conf or the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Or you could install Guichan in /usr/lib in the first place by using "./configure --prefix=/usr".

Questions like these are not TMW related, but still we get them a lot. Can't be bothered though, everybody has to learn it at some point in time. :-)
Major_Nuggs
Peon
Peon

Post by Major_Nuggs »

I just always figured if you used linux, you'd know about that stuff..

I figured it out just because I'm really nosing and would always go sticking my nose in places where it doesn't belong..

:/

Which is why Fluxbox freezes my gentoo parition.. right now.. playing with it too much.. heh.. :/

Though, what Linux distro doesn't add /usr/local/lib to the ld.so.conf file anyways?

Then again, I've been using Gentoo lately and the ebuilds default to /usr/lib and such..

I know, pointless post by me. My bad folks..

Regards,
Anthony
The best part of waking up, is satan in your cup!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Major_Nuggs wrote:Though, what Linux distro doesn't add /usr/local/lib to the ld.so.conf file anyways?
I think many don't, actually. At least not in Arch Linux and Ubuntu. Also, this question does come up a lot and the problem is the same in most cases.