Available tasks

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Available tasks

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

New code

- Create core linked list structure to use as packet buffer, npc list, ecc...
- Add create character interface (Genis)
- Add NPC interface (natsuki)
- Add moving beings
- Add inventory, skill interface
- Animated tiles
- Speech output (Elven Programmer)
- Create a TextArea widget for MASkinG which supports adding text in different colors
- Config fie: server choice, windowed/fullscreen, last username, password, sound volume, ... (Sull)

Bugfixes

- Name in player selection dialog
- Multiplayer
- Debug chat dialog

Graphic

- Create a complete tileset based on the one included in the current version
- Complete map new_zone01 with map editor v0.2
Last edited by ElvenProgrammer on 21 Mar 2005, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Ardaen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ardaen »

- Create core linked list structure to use as packet buffer, npc list, ecc...

... I suppose you can't really use the nice stl vector and list classes because your using vc++...

Something to think about there, using mingw (gcc 3.x) instead of vc++ for the consistancy and cross-platform support.

Also deciding if your coding in C or C++ would be nice. I'd recommend trying to follow the ISO standard for whichever you choose somewhat, because again, you appear to be trying to make this game portable.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

About C and C++, well I have to say I'm not a C++ programmer, so I prefer a good plain C. (I had to use C++ only because of MASkinG but now we don't need that anymore).

Maybe I can use STL maybe not, I really don't know! Anyway it doesn't matter because linked list are already implemented at the moment and I prefer doing everything by myself (Remeber: "if you wants something well done, then do it yourself!" ) Eheh just joking.

And finally about MinGW, I have to say I've installed it just a couple of days ago and I found it interesting. I hope I'm using standard C code so I can compile final releases with MinGW instead of VisualC, but for development stage I'm so familiar with Visual Studio that I think it's better to go on with that.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

New code

- Create core linked list structure to use as packet buffer, npc list, ecc... (Elven)
- Improve character creation GUI (Elven)
- Add NPC interface
- Add moving beings (Elven)
- Add inventory, skill interface (Genis)
- Improve graphic engine, add animated tiles
- Speech output (Elven)
- Config fie: server choice, windowed/fullscreen, last username, password, sound volume, ... (Sull-Elven)

Bugfixes

- ... "Find them then fix them" and maybe post something in bugs forum section

Graphic

- Create a complete tileset based on the one included in the current version
- Complete map new_zone01 with map editor v0.2
- Create some headets, and bodysets for players
- The Mana World logo (Nev)
- The Mana World banner (Nev)
- Application icons
- New tilesets
- NPCsets
- Monstersets

Server
- Let the server load our custom map format

Updated: 16/7/04
Last edited by ElvenProgrammer on 24 Jul 2004, 10:35, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Firsty, take into account I'm still pissed off at microsoft and specifically thier programming tools ect. because of visual basic which I unfortunatly have to use on a daily basis, so I may be a but biased.

But I think mingw is a good idea, because it is a good compiler, its completely free and opensource, and it has a higher level of compatibility with linux since it is a GCC port and linux generally uses GCC.

As for using the stl and stdc++ classes... You can't do everything for yourself, and you aren't anyway. Your already using many pre made functions and libraries.

I personally like C++ code more than C for large projects. The only time I use C is when I wanna create a small executible but its too complex for me to bother with assembly.

I've always found if its more complex than a 4 function calculator app, then you might as well use an object oriented approch, because it will be easier to maintain and improve.

However, again I admit I am biased on both the choice of compiler and the use of c++, so don't take everything I say as a proven ultimate truth ;)

Anyway, I'm gonna start making little examples and test versions for pretty screenshots ect. of my ideas. Any generic code improvements I make I'll post somewhere on the forum. ^_^
Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Awww crap, now am on a deadline for this.... anyhoo, its done.

Mana Banner: has changed and is now a mage sleeping next to the mana trer with some fairyies.

Mana Logo: and tree tree in a white bakground. This is because the mana exist because of the tree so...... thats my explaination.

I'll send these as soon as possible and later color them when i get some color pencils, then send them again.

[Is currently working on cloths and heads and bodies]
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

@Ardaen

Maybe I'm biased in the other way because I just don't understand and I'm not capable to write C++ code for big projects, but let me say that if you want to improve my code or change it completely you're allowed to do so.
(Especially for the net code!)

Again about MinGW: I like it very much believe me, and I want also to use it to compile every version of the mana world, I simply prefer Visual Studio GUI than Dev-Cpp, so that's my idea: I write the code with VS then I compile it with MinGW. Or if you have some greater GUI please post it here (But I don't think there's something better than Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition Beta (which is also free))

@Nev
I like the new idea for the banner very much and I hope to see that soon!
About coloring them I think you should ask RRC to help you, because he is very good with programs like photoshop!
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

well yea, just go to http://bsedesigns.net and upload it with the name of like mana and ill look at it tomorrow, bsedesigns.net is a script im working on for free image hosters..etc..so ill look through the files tomorrow and find it :)
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Sure but also post some preview on the forum or contact me with the forum because I really want to see your work! :D
Ardaen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ardaen »

Ok,

Well actually to tell the truth, as far as IDEs go... I guess I probably code in vim and write makefiles as much as I use dev-cpp...

Anyway, this weekend maybe I'll try re-writing your code how I think it should be, then you can take a look at tell me if I'm good crazy or bad crazy on this one. :)

Uhh.... then again.... I may not have time this weekend... There is a 'little' celebration happening and I uhhh.... may be a bit busy..

But I'll get to it soon either way.
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

I'm working on inventory, just letting you guys know so that you dont start working on it too :p
Sorry...I only speak English
Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Am hoping that my name in red means its finished
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

This post is a bit outdated, refer to TODO in docs folder
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

This topic is very outdated, so it will be closed.

Please refer to http://www.lindeijer.nl/flyspray/ for available tasks.