Drop Parties

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Drop Parties

Post by sugarcorgit »

GMs we need to know where we are at here with drop parties. Please instruct as I see nothing on the forum with an update on drop parties no longer being allowed in the game. Only input from some of the players they had gotten in trouble for this.

sugarcorgit
Delasia
Novice
Novice

Re: Drop Parties

Post by Delasia »

Sugarcorgit, thank you for posting this.

Drop Parties have not been banned or disallowed as you have heard.

As you are aware Hurnscald causes a sever lag for many people, when drop parties happen within the town square several people have reported their computers locking up, and clients crashing.

I have contacted several people who's generousity to the general public is renowned.Monique, Freya, God's Wiseman just to name a few.

I have requested that they announce their intentions in the town square to have a drop party, and then to have it outside of the town square. This will allow for those people who are already experiencing lag in the town square to OPT out of the mayhem and frenzy often created.

I have also offered personally that if I were online to whisper me and i would gladly create a broadcast of their intentions.

Sorry for the misunderstandings that this may have caused, but at no time was there any "trouble" for these kind players. It was only an informative chat so that they were aware of the issues that some people were having.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.."if all you keep in your toolbox is a hammer, then the only way YOU can fix things is pound it"..
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

There is some real confusion here. First, this was never posted on the forum so no one new unless they had been approached by a GM. Putting Monique in bot check to talk to her? Is that common practice? Why not just whisper her and explain? Of course she logged off being teleported to bot check I would have flipped out and logged out as well!

Lag is a major issue even the spawn parties the GMs put on for us many cant even go because of lag. Leaving us with its not the good intentions its what the game has to offer in large crowds. There has to be some common ground here. If there are going to be new rules at least give us a fighting chance to follow them.
sugarcorgit
Delasia
Novice
Novice

Post by Delasia »

sugarcorgit wrote:There is some real confusion here. First, this was never posted on the forum so no one new unless they had been approached by a GM.
As previously stated, this was an undertaking of my own because of the number of complaints that were received.
sugarcorgit wrote:Putting Monique in bot check to talk to her? Is that common practice? Why not just whisper her and explain? Of course she logged off being teleported to bot check I would have flipped out and logged out as well!
I attempted several times to contact her and without response, she continued dropping. How a GM chooses to speak with a player when they dont respond is the business of GM. She logged out, and as soon as she contacted me that she had logged back in was immediately warped back out. If you choose to "Flip Out" instead of asking questions is your hangup not mine.
sugarcorgit wrote:Lag is a major issue even the spawn parties the GMs put on for us many cant even go because of lag.
Spawn parties are a once every three months thing? As you have stated the drop parties are daily, multiple times a day. I once again state this is NOT a rule. I spoke with players as a courtesy to those it was affecting. However Sugarcorgit if you want to make this a rule, by all means submit it to the DEVs for consideration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.."if all you keep in your toolbox is a hammer, then the only way YOU can fix things is pound it"..
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

I was not aware you talked to her during the drop.

Secondly when we do drops for HMC we pull the people up in the field I think for obvious reasons.

Keep us in the loop see you good night.
sugarcorgit
Monique
Peon
Peon

Post by Monique »

Its simple enough too adhere to this. Drop parties should be outside town limits at all times. Thanks to all :D
Respectfully Your Monique Dion
Monique
Peon
Peon

Post by Monique »

Hi all I just wanted to say I am sorry to Sugarcorgit about some confusion. She was under the impression that Del had kinda pushed me around. This is NOT the case me and Delassia had a good talk and cleared the air very calmlyy and politly DEL is VERY good GM in my opinion. And Sugar is one of my VERY closest and good friends. It is sad that sometimes misunderstandings happen but we are grown up enuff to sit and talk and clear air. Sug I love you and Del I love you too::: BE FRIENDS- BE HAPPY- BE GOOD :)

Respectfully Yours
Monique Veronique Marie Isabelle Dion
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

Thank You Monique,
The issue was that you had told me the Delasia gave you no whispers or warnings at all to stop the drop party in an area that could not support it. I am glad you got it worked out. We all get scared about things and sometimes even tell a lie, you are indeed forgiven.
Del sorry about her confusion sure got me confused!
sugarcorgit
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

When boots and gloves became visible, I began to experience lag when there were more than a handful of players on my screen. It was worse if they were moving around. Once I upgraded to modern hardware, this type of 'lag' went away.

IMHO, what is perceived as lag is actually the client computer's video card choking on all of the combinations of clothes and hairstyles.

Keep the drop parties coming.

:)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

bigglesworth wrote:When boots and gloves became visible, I began to experience lag when there were more than a handful of players on my screen. It was worse if they were moving around. Once I upgraded to modern hardware, this type of 'lag' went away.

IMHO, what is perceived as lag is actually the client computer's video card choking on all of the combinations of clothes and hairstyles.

Keep the drop parties coming.

:)
Mostly. Network congestion can happen too.