Lucky Clover

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Acegi
Novice
Novice

Lucky Clover

Post by Acegi »

I was wondering if it'd be reasonable to increase the clover's luck status based on level or time. As one example based on level, if you had it since level 1-10 and you reach level 90-99 then you should get +10 luck. If you just bought it recently then you shouldn't get as much luck say bought it at level 89 and now level 99 then just +1 luck.

The other example would be how long you've been playing for. The more active you are the more luck it would give you.

Alternate ideas are also welcome. It could just be a fixed number of luck but please more than just +1. I'm just trying to make it seem more rewarding to actually on your own find a 4 leaf clover. Of course I could be biased since I found mine on the 1st week of playing the game...
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Re: Lucky Clover

Post by DonCBen »

Well I'm level 56 and have killed every clover patch I've ever seen while wandering and have yet to find a 4 leaf clover. If I thought that I would get less luck now than if I had found it 5 months ago, then I probably wouldn't worry about looking for one anymore. I can agree that it should have more than +1, though.
Last edited by DonCBen on 09 Aug 2009, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Ah I missed my original idea about the luck which is depending on your level you'd get that much luck. eg.

Lvl 10 Luck +2
Lvl 20 Luck +3
Lvl 30 Luck +4
Lvl 90 Luck +10

but yes you make a very good point about that I take it back!
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Maybe when you find one, you could get a Luck Skill that gains experience like the player does, so as you keep fighting, your clover gains experience and levels up how lucky it actually is. That way, even if your player is lvl 99, you can still level up your clover, but you wouldn't automatically have +10 luck if you find your first clover at lvl 90.

If that is too jumbled, ask me to edit. It just spilled out as I was typing :D :lol:
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

That's an interesting idea but I don't think luck is really a skill (even though it is portrayed as such since you can level up luck in your stats). My opinion is that if you really have been playing for as long as up to lvl 90 then getting +10 luck from finally finding a clover is far nicer than if you have to in some other way do something to get more luck. What kind of job/task were you thinking of to improve the clover luck skill?
Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

if the game will change how often we find clovers from one in 2000 to one in 200, then +1 luck makes sense. but at +1 luck ... and being an archer ... i gave mine away.

cat ears, at +3 agility, are far more valuable to me as an archer. clovers are just a status symbol atm.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch
Akariah
Peon
Peon

Post by Akariah »

I personally think it's ridiculous to just have +1 luck.....its perhaps the hardest to get item in the game, I read there's a one in 2000 chance of getting one and all it does is the equivelent of 2 easily spent status points,although maybe it was meant as a joke.... what would be cool is an item that only works once every 10 hours or so where if your hp reaches zero you get revived, like an auto-revive function but I will admit I have absolutely NO experience making games so i'm entirely clueless as to how hard that would be to implement. :)
To see a World in a grain of Sand
and Heaven in a Wildflower
hold Infinity in the palm of your Hand
and Eternity in an hour
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

For characters that have already maximized their luck, another point is huge.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

jaxad0127 wrote:For characters that have already maximized their luck, another point is huge.
so its really not worth anything until you've maxed all your stats?

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

how much is in status point +1 to go from 59 to 60 in luck and avoid crits from jack0?

if you get those status points to increase any of your skill dext or whatever it is valuable always

you can play cat ears and clover

just as always a question of : what is your goal in a certain time, part of the game.

have fun in stats testing and finding your own stats combinations ;)

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

DonCBen wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:For characters that have already maximized their luck, another point is huge.
so its really not worth anything until you've maxed all your stats?
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Stats. Granted most of the benefit happens every 5 or 10 luck points. Not sure if 100 points qualifies for them.
Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

are you saying that if i raise my agi to 99 and equip my cat ears, i'll have 102 agi?

hmm

i wonder how many players bother to raise luck to 99? how many creatures require it? and do any players see a significant difference from 99 luck to 100 in actual game play (not just in theory)? can i know what creatures do less damage with 100 luck vs 99? i've seen the difference between *9 and *0 of something like strength. 60 is far better than 59.

and the whole argument stands true for the ears as it does for the clover. however the cat ears can be had for a lvl 1 player with a little help from some higher level players. the clover, on the other hand is a 1 in 2000 drop.

a player that can afford to put 99 stat points to luck is probably not level 5. and these higher level players can easily buy a clover (chances are). the only ones a clover really benefits are those who need extra luck and cannot afford to stat themselves that way.

again, this almost makes the clover insignificant. i had mine (found by me) for a while. but as an archer i didn't see the need for luck to go from 1 to 2. so i gave it away to a good friend. he's fairly high level... but i kinda doubt his luck setting's at 99 to get that +1 benefit.

i think that the benefit to the player should be reconsidered (in other words: raise it to 3 or higher)

also, i'd like to suggest more items in-game that raise other stats too. cat ears for agi, clover for luck, blah for strength, blah for vit, etc.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch