Status of the mac version

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SimEdw
Peon
Peon

Status of the mac version

Post by SimEdw »

The first post ! :)

This is the status of the mac version

Login - works
choosing player - works
chat - works
speaking with npc - works
sound - doesn't work

I'm will try to make a good binary for you that doesn't want to compile it and if you want to compile it, you need to make alfafont to work, it's possible, but takes some time :) allegro will be no problem compiling.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah I can add mac binaries to download section on the web site
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

alright, i was scared this morning when i updated my cvs and the sound files were almost empty, now i know why. anyhow, could you just put a ifdef MACOSX around the sound init part? that'll keep the sound class from working or comment out everything an write a dummy one for now. :D
if you could look into why jgmod doesn't work or if you have suggestions on which library works better let me know.
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
SimEdw
Peon
Peon

Post by SimEdw »

My computer is making some strangesthings, like quite is self and the screen is really wierd. So the binary will take some more time (sorry)

But for you that can't wait here is a small guid how to compile:

You got to have the dev-tools installed, it's shipped with macosx or can be downloaded from apple.com. Open the terminal.app in applications/utilites/ and do as following :

* first get allegro, run "sh fix.sh macosx" and after that type "make" and after that "sudo make install"
* get alfont here http://www.shell.linux.se/simon/tmw/alfont_mac.tgz <-- I have made some change to make it work, Just type "make" and after that "sudo make install"
* Get tmw for this homepage or "cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@sull.homelinux.net:/var/home/cvs/repository co tmw". just make it and after that type ./tmw
#note that the sound doesn't work, I will add it as soon I have fixed my computer.

Anything that doesn't work, just ask ( I won't be at irc until my computer is fixed, but I can be at the forum every day ) and I will try to help :)

Simon
Natelcm

Post by Natelcm »

Was just wondering I installed the mac version today and was wondering what the file is called :? cuz I cant find it any help would be great. I'll check back tomorrow for an answer
SimEdw
Peon
Peon

Post by SimEdw »

Do you mean the binary?, that is called tmw.

But I have done a new binary release that doesn't need you to install anything.
Just download open and klick on the icon, and it runs :) <-- thats that mac spirit.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

The Mac spirit? It's even easier than windows spirit... Anyway good avatar Sim Edw
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

can u hurry the progress up?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

We'll try to do our best, but we lack mac developers at the moment
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

dang Blorx is a mac programmer :D
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

Tenche wrote:dang Blorx is a mac programmer :D
Yes, but Blorx and I have pretty much given up for the time being. However, gene now has a Mac, so maybe we'll see some progress again.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

I get this gay error

wada i do to fix it?
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

That error doesn't seem particularly happy to me...
(seriously, don't use "gay" as a derogatory term, it makes you sound stupid)

As for what to do...wait for the next Mac binary. It's being worked on, and it should actually work, unlike the current one which seems to be totally broken.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Talaroc wrote:(seriously, don't use "gay" as a derogatory term, it makes you sound stupid)
I agree, but he has an "...@cox.net" e-mailadress. Therefor he is allowed to use the word "gay". :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

@cox.net is my ISP asshole Http://cox.net its cable internet service provider so dont go there...

btw ok ill wait