Playerset Retouch

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

the choices should be in the same style
well tmw didnt choose is style right now. some ppl have behavior with the planned one.

anyways its just bad that you stoped spriting.they were looking cute.

thx you for your work
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

What? He did?
Talaroc will finish his playerset... right? :(

Maybe we could just vary heads and skincolour, that won't give the problems with accesories.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

I like this one a bit more, because it sticks to the TMW style I've gotten used to. :)
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I stopped spriting? News to me.

nah, I've been taking a break due to circumstances in my outside life, but I'm back at it as of last night. I will finish this playerset, including different skin tones and female versions of the set. If things go well, I'll have something up in the next couple of days.

Talaroc's goal for the next release, in order of priority:
*Minor adjustments to current spritesheet (most notably the sitting frames)
*Sword swing animations
*Bow fire animations
*(if I have time) Death frames
*(if I have time) The appropriate bow and sword sprites to go with the new character sprites

What I intend most of all to have up early is a sheet with the exact positions of the heads for all frames, so that hairstyle graphics can be made for the new stuff in time for the next release.

As regards style: I am locked into this style at this point. I am open to suggestions for bettering the graphics, but I am not going to completely overhaul everything I've done thus far unless pretty much everyone on the team wants a different style (and even then only if everyone agrees on a different style). As things stand now, most people don't seem to have any issue with it, and Elven has expressed enjoyment of the stuff I'm putting out, so I'm going to stay the course with my current style.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Talaroc wrote:I stopped spriting? News to me.
I guess he was referring to maggot.

Anyway Talaroc I think you can ignore female spriteset and different skin tones. The max priority is having the complete male playerset. I'll start working on the code and on the resource files to introduce your frames.

I suggest you to post the attack animations as sson as possible even if not completed, so maybe someone could start working on them and retouch them later.

Go on this way and we will have the best release until now
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Elven Programmer wrote:Anyway Talaroc I think you can ignore female spriteset...
Dude... you have a girlfriend playing TMW! :shock:
Elven Programmer wrote:I suggest you to post the attack animations as sson as possible even if not completed, so maybe someone could start working on them and retouch them later.

Uhm, don't you think it's best to draw the sword frames after the frames they have to fit in are finished? Otherwise it'll be unneccesary work, I don't think it'll be finished a lot faster. Maybe even retouching the swordframes will be postponed if the playerset is really ready.
But maybe you're right.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
maggot
Peon
Peon

Post by maggot »

Don't get offended

I'm not telling you to stop working but to contact Rotonen and start doing something that we could use.
I'm not getting offended.. lol.. actually i have posted my finish retouched playerset.. but i took them back for some reasons.. that's why i posted 'please delete this message' ..
It's the fact that, if we have two playersets with completely different outlines, the clothes/equipment spriters have to make two sets of every piece of clothing/wearable equipment in the game to accomodate that (that's a lot of sprites)
I know what you mean.. i agree with you the client shouldn't have two playerset.. but since i can see it is customizeable.. why not trying??.. i want to show how it looks like when i change this and that.. besides.. like other applications. they have their own formal skin and non-formal which is usually contributed by their fans.. but this is not i was trying to do.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Elven Programmer wrote:Anyway Talaroc I think you can ignore female spriteset and different skin tones. The max priority is having the complete male playerset. I'll start working on the code and on the resource files to introduce your frames.

I suggest you to post the attack animations as sson as possible even if not completed, so maybe someone could start working on them and retouch them later.
I'm not going to put together the female/skin tone sprites until the base playerset is complete, no worries.

As regards the sprites in development, I'm probably not going to put up half-finished ones, just because of the way I usually do them; each sprite is done all at once before moving on to the next. Of course, there's usually tweaking I need to do afterwards, but I assume that anyway anytime I post new sprites.
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

Yeah that's some pretty good work. I suggest you make clothes or tiles, cause I want to see more of your stuff :)
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD