Suggestions from Sladdy :-P

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Sladdy
Peon
Peon

Suggestions from Sladdy :-P

Post by Sladdy »

Hi, i'm playing this game only few days, and i can say : I LOVE IT! Thats i was founding ;)

Now for some suggestions.

1) add some skills - like fishing (and than cooking)
2) HP bars over head... I thing thats a good idea, if everyone (monsters and players) has HP bar over own head. So everyone can see my hp and hp of NPC iam fighting. Like HP bar, or ( 106/190 ) or something like that.

Im only lvl 30, i found something to fix i will post ;) GL guys, u doing good job!
Pls. RE about my ideas. thx
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Suggestions from Sladdy :-P

Post by Bertram »

Hi Sladdy,

Skills are Jaxad's best meal, so I'll let him answer! ;)

We've been thinking about showing hp of the monsters you're currently fighting,
more than showing each and every hp bars over the characters' head.

If this feature gets the approval from many people, I'll add it as an issue in our issue tracker.

Have a nice day.
Mpa4Hu
Novice
Novice

Post by Mpa4Hu »

hp bar, good idea
Sladdy
Peon
Peon

Post by Sladdy »

I dont want HP bar for all monsters/players, but only for all currect fighting monsters/players.

and lvl of player should be fine too... like

Nick (lvl 10)
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I like the HP bar above the monster that your currently fighting, but I don't think the Nick (Lvl) is a good idea.

Maybe right click and view..
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

These sudgestions seem familiar to me. I think it was from another mmo but i cant recall the name...
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Coolkid 782 wrote:These sudgestions seem familiar to me. I think it was from another mmo but i cant recall the name...
They've been suggested before.

We already have plans for more skills with TMWServ.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Jaxad (and Sladdy!),

Jaxad, do we agree about adding an hp bar above the player's current target?

Or did you plan making this a skill or something?

Regards,
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

currently the client doesn't know how much hp a enemy has. Also it is bit against the rpg spirit to see how much hp a enemy has.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

Turmfalke wrote:currently the client doesn't know how much hp a enemy has. Also it is bit against the rpg spirit to see how much hp a enemy has.
How so. The majority of online rpg's I have played show enemy health or some notification. And the defacto rpg D&D rules you know at least something about your enemy's health, at least 50% bloodied mark.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

The majority of online rpgs aren't rpgs and the majority of rpgs I played didn't showed you how much hp your enemy has (some even didn't used hp at all). They might show you some information about your enemys health, like "your last hit broke the gnolls right thight" or "Your arrow pierced the gnolls heart". Such information help you estimate how the fight might end, but don't allowed you calulate something like "Ok the gnoll has 20 hp left that means I either need a crit or 2.437 average hits".
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Cotillion wrote:
Turmfalke wrote:currently the client doesn't know how much hp a enemy has. Also it is bit against the rpg spirit to see how much hp a enemy has.
How so. The majority of online rpg's I have played show enemy health or some notification. And the defacto rpg D&D rules you know at least something about your enemy's health, at least 50% bloodied mark.
Which edition and what page in the DMG? ;)
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

i like the idea of health above head, it works for the mages and above the monsters is an ok idea, and level should be able to be seen by right clicking. and what they are wearing "paperdoll"
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

Ceros wrote:Which edition and what page in the DMG? ;)
*sigh* seriously, I don't own the books to quote you the page.

I am familiar with the rules however and I'll ask you to counterpoint them please.

Rules v4:
There are numerous class powers, mostly encounter powers (once per encounter), that can only be used when the target is bloodied. Well, if they can only be used when the target is bloodied, it is logical to assume that you 'know' when your enemy is bloodied. This goes for both attacking the enemy and party healing powers. You must know at least the bloodied status of both.

Rules v3.5 and below:
No bloodied rules that I can recall. However, when landing the 'killing blow' you have the choice to kill or incapacitate the target. If you have this choice, you must know something about the health of your victim.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

A game that I have played in the past had a health bar above the monster but it was only visible when you mouse over the monster. I thought it was cool to see the health of a monster at first, but then after awhile I found it to be less important. Seems that after you kill the same type of monster enough times you can tell how many hits are required for it to die. I realize that killing the skull or other mobs with similar strengths would make a health bar beneficial.