GMs don't care about rules anymore

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Getafix
Novice
Novice

GMs don't care about rules anymore

Post by Getafix »

Now as the topic suggests, GMs don't care about the rules (neither do I) anymore. When you post anything criticizing them, they simply delete it, when any rule is mentioned in a post, they tell you that it's not a discussion, well it's my right to criticize you GMs. And I know this thread will eventually get deleted. So here's what I have to criticize about:-

1- You ban ONLY bots and not the ones who deserve bans for abuse, take Whity. for example, calling others motherfuckers, I this to your mum and that to your dad etc. look at his forum posts even, provoking players. Wait, you can't delete this post, it's not directed to someone. BUT you banned sugarcorgit for calling someone a "gross pig". Now are your brain jammed or something?

2- Bots are back again, badder and better than ever, GOSH I never see GMs online, HULLO? are you even there? When someone begs/spams/bots in front of you, you hit them with a ban stick, but WHENEVER someone posts a report for abuse, OMG, how many times have we told you, resolve your problems!, Now I'm not going to obey any rule unless the GM activity starts again.

3- Everyone knows TMWserv is about to come, is that why you've stopped enforcing laws? What's the point, you sat together and formed a BIG book of rules and now you're just going to burn it down, I've heard there are going to be no GM systems at all, so there, TMW will just come to an end like that, and you're all going to lose the power that you were hungry for.

Well, that was it.

--Regards
Getafix the law breaker
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Re: GMs don't care about rules anymore

Post by Vink »

Hi Getafix! I don't know why you refuse to read what has already been explained so many times, but I'll try again.

First of all, there's definitely no problem with criticism against GMs. When posts are deleted it has nothing to do with that, it's because the posts don't belong in the Court house. If you had read the announcements and sticky threads before posting you would have known this.

Secondly, the reason we mostly ban bots is because we have a tool for proving botting. Remember that the game is still in early development. If we could get a log of all public chat (not private) it would be much easier to prove abuse, spam, begging and all that. But there is no real justice if innocent people are banned and thus it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that someone was guilty before the person can be banned. This is why we wait two whole minutes before someone is banned for botting. This is why we don't ban people because of screenshots only, or because of statements from witnesses only.

Thirdly, there is still GM activity, but do remember that we don't get any sort of payment for this. Real life comes first, as it should. Personally, I can say that I'm somewhat addicted to TMW and I could easily spend 10 hours per day in the game if I didn't have any self-control. It's very good that I have some self-control, because spending that much time in the game does not put food on the table or pay the rent. I suppose you don't care about our real lives but that's not our problem.

Best wishes,
Vink
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Consider this: if someone creates an account to be able to be idiotic in public, banning will not help. The person in question will only just create a new account for the same purpose. If this gets out of hand, our currently already rather busy GMs will be overflown with this. (Being a GM for TMW is not a job. They're spending their free time to help you. They could very well be spending this time doing something nicer, for example reading a book.)

IP banning cannot be a good solution with most ISPs having dynamical addresses: you can simply have a new IP with a dhcp renew.

Mostly the idiots will get bored after a while when most of people just simply ignore them. They're attention whores and you seem to be prime customers for them.

(This situation is rather different from a situation where your account would cost something: in that case losing your trolling account would actually mean something. I boldly claim here that the attention whores are more about the attention and less about playing the game so losing their account does not hurt them at all.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

Yes, Vink I know about those rules, and I do care about your personal lives. But here's the problem, my point is that you "Can't find anyone guilty for the crime committed" because anyone can lie. And the screenshot proves that the person HAS committed a crime, unless its botting. Plus I haven't seen any GMs online since the last two weeks. And by the way, are you all being bribed by this "Whity." guy, because you never care to take a look at him ingame.
And as for UberKalimero/InspectorShameless, I don't want your stupid troll comments on this.

-Regards
Getafix the law breaker
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
Brice de Nice

Post by Brice de Nice »

[EDIT]
Last edited by Brice de Nice on 25 Oct 2009, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Getafix wrote:Yes, Vink I know about those rules, and I do care about your personal lives. But here's the problem, my point is that you "Can't find anyone guilty for the crime committed" because anyone can lie. And the screenshot proves that the person HAS committed a crime, unless its botting. Plus I haven't seen any GMs online since the last two weeks. And by the way, are you all being bribed by this "Whity." guy, because you never care to take a look at him ingame.
And as for UberKalimero/InspectorShameless, I don't want your stupid troll comments on this.

-Regards
Getafix the law breaker
If you've just been looking at the online list, GMs can hide themselves from it so they don't get flooded by players and can actually do their jobs. They have actually been online.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Rotonen wrote:(This situation is rather different from a situation where your account would cost something: in that case losing your trolling account would actually mean something. I boldly claim here that the attention whores are more about the attention and less about playing the game so losing their account does not hurt them at all.)
I completly agree, we should start charging a monthly fee for playing tmw and posting to the forums. 15$ / month maybe?