Graveyard wall

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skillzalot
Peon
Peon

Re: Graveyard wall

Post by skillzalot »

That is pretty awesome spit
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I made the gate a bit more damaged. I hope you don't mind.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I made some broken columns. I want people to wonder what kind of epic battle must have taken place here to do such severe damage to the massive stone pilars. We will needs some more variations of the scattered little rock fragments, but those will not be hard to make.

Here is the tileset as it looks at the moment. The gate and the big dragon will be moved to a separate _x4 tileset later. XCF file on request until the forums attachment system is fixed.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

Would it be possible for the gargoyles eyes to turn red when a player walked to close to it?
skillzalot
Peon
Peon

Post by skillzalot »

Now this tileset is getting more advanced everytime i see it. Good work guys. I think we should have some columns with ivy growing on them
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Savi wrote:Would it be possible for the gargoyles eyes to turn red when a player walked to close to it?
Doable using an invisible NPC and a particle effect for the glowing.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

I love the broken columns :D. The columns of the damaged gate should be broken too (at least a bit). I also think we should edit some grass tiles to give the landscape a more wasted look.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Oh, this is coming along nicely! :mrgreen:

One thing I noticed is that Black Don’s gargoyle look a bit repetetive when used on most (corner) pillars, it would be great if the gargoyle was available in rotated versions, not only looking “south”.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Categ ... e_drawings
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is really, really bad" -- Strong Bad

For that reason the statues should be used very sparingly. Rotated versions of the gargoyles would not hurt, but a responsible mapper can do without.
  • NOT a game master

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Crush wrote:I made some broken columns. I want people to wonder what kind of epic battle must have taken place here to do such severe damage to the massive stone pilars.
Here in my town, the older cemeteries have a lot of damage due to time and vandalism. If there are active undead in the area, simply trying to escape their clutches could do significant damage to older pillars as well as grave robbers hopping in and out of the graveyard. There could be some battles here as well, John Pyle was designing some storyline where some sort of warrior society led raids to slay undead.
Current character is "Abolish".
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

Um only one questions, why do people but demonical looking figures on there graveyard? At least on our local graveyard we don't have any windged gargoyles.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Gargoyles are guardians like scarecrows but meant to scare away evil. They look "demonic" because of this function.
Current character is "Abolish".
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Turmfalke wrote:Um only one questions, why do people but demonical looking figures on there graveyard? At least on our local graveyard we don't have any windged gargoyles.
Fashion changes over time. The older the graveyard in question looks like, the sillier or more obscure it looks like to us, probably. Heck, for royal tombs, think of the pyramids... These days it is not in fashion to do something grand.
This message used to be meaningful.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Crush wrote:"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is really, really bad" -- Strong Bad

For that reason the statues should be used very sparingly. Rotated versions of the gargoyles would not hurt, but a responsible mapper can do without.
I didn't do any side or back views for my gargoyle cause in this pose the wings would block most of the body from the sides and the back. I could change the pose for the side views to make something more dramatic looking.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

And it's a game Turmfalke.. :P Do your local graveyards have zombies and skeletons walking around?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster