Fur and Centaur sketch

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

pateame

Fur and Centaur sketch

Post by pateame »

About Centaur as monster: I was thinking about do a kind of "jacko style" monster, strong enough as to group attacks and also with good drops. As drops maybe we could add all the forgotten stuff from forum, there´s some recycled items.

[+] Others:
head-squirrel.xml
head-clownmask.xml
head-fluffyhat.xml
head-chiefcrown.xml
head-gladiator.xml
head-pinkyhead.xml
---------------
About Stats on monster: I use the following on test but maybe it could be balanced better.
mob_DB.txt:
1041,Centaur,Centaur,140,6000,0,0,100,2,180,220,2,10,20,40,10,10,40,50,1,1,1,0,
21,131,600,900,[DROPS],
(Tested on happiness.doesntexist.org server, if you wanna play and test it contact me on game.)
------------------
About general progress: I was doing the spritesheet and .XML of monster to can test the animations with delay values on game.
There´s the .png and .xml Including death positions and Up walk (Up attack is not completed yet, but I replaced the values on xml to fit with Down attack).
Last edited by pateame on 19 Aug 2009, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Fur and Centaur sketch

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I'd rather put some of those drops in more appropriate places.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The Pinkie head and Fluffy hat are now available. The helmets from Black Don have other plans. The rest of that stuff is still being looked into.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

So are we going to see the centaur in the game? What requirements should still be fulfilled in order for this to happen?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Gouki wrote:He doesnt fit the style of the TMW Monster and Animal.
Says who? Gouki? Who is that?

I think it fits great and you should definately continue to work on it. It needs much anti-aliasing but its a incredible start :)

It would be a waste if we didn't include it if you made it especially for tmw!
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Very impressive!

I am very impressed by the fact that you put together such a complete collection of art / XML and everything. I would love to see this in game. I do agree, though, that the edges are a little bit grainy. Other than that it looks good.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Er, forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to be working on a 45 degree angle?

~it seems, if you look at its back, that he drew it side-on then added a bit on top to attempt an angle-change...
Enchilado

P.s.

Other than that, great!
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Enchilado! wrote:Er, forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to be working on a 45 degree angle?

~it seems, if you look at its back, that he drew it side-on then added a bit on top to attempt an angle-change...
Enchilado

P.s.

Other than that, great!
Can you post an example of how you would do it?
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

I would love too... however, I'm on Windows at the moment. I could do it with Paint.NET, but I'd rather use Gimp. Instead:

1. The behind feet (the left ones when he's facing right) should touch the ground higher up than the front feet.
2. Give more shape to the top of his body above the line: Shapes of the Pelvic and Shoulder bones.
3. The shoulders of the wee beastie on top - the back one should be higher than the front one, again.
4. You should be able to see the top of his head and snout.
5. Also, when he opens his mouth, it looks a bit odd.

~hope this helps.
Enchilado
pateame

Post by pateame »

I also have faith on finish this work (someday), but it requires to define errors and goals to can do a organized fix over all the spritesheet pieces.
It's too much work, almost redraw everything... just the movement sequences will stay after redraw.

What I will try to fix with more time:
1) Arms redraw: As original arms was recycled from player spritesheet, some new muscle and longer arms are needed. As arms will be longer, the weapon position also will change and will have more swing on side views.
2) Weapon (external): As is possible to add the weapon as a layered item, I want to add it on a different graphic, so we could have several versions of centaur using weapon variations.
3) Head (?): As concept is incomplete, we could define better if our monster will have an animal head, a human head or a morphed head. Once concept will be defined, more details will be added.
4) Legs base: Need a more clear 45º on all views, so Im using a 3D model to can set the cameras and see how it should look, as example: (also some fixes on walking will be needed)

Dont worry about time, im lazy...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Rendering things in 3D to see how perspective works and then pixeling by hand based on that is a perfectly valid approach to pixel art. Just don't try to reproduce the model.

Mostly doing line art in 2D and skewing that to match our perspective is good enough too. If you cannot figure out how the lines should come out, do use 3D to make sure.

Iru has some really nice tutorials on this subject.

http://mruk.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/th ... ble-shape/
This message used to be meaningful.