Font

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Major_Nuggs
Peon
Peon

Post by Major_Nuggs »

Why not use True Type Fonts?

I've had good experience with those in the past..
The best part of waking up, is satan in your cup!
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well..

i guss we planed to implement support for TTF http://www.lindeijer.nl/flyspray/?do=details&id=31
so i wonder whats that thread about now..
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Major_Nuggs
Peon
Peon

Post by Major_Nuggs »

I swear, when writting applications for multiple platforms... it can be such a bitchs(i can say that eh?)...

Anyways, since you guys use C++ there's the stock boolean to help you folks out..

use TTF and true type2 or whatever it's called(I have been without my normal desktop for too long... :( pray for me.. to SATAN!! roffle.. :p)..

Anyways, there's just something about using images for fonts that gets to me, they aren't scalable.. one colour.. and it's just not as flexable as using like say ttf..

Iono..

Fonts.. They've always been a problem when developing software that's not windows based only.. the again, I've never even tried to port my software to windows.. unless I write code that compiles nativly on both.. which I don't.. I make full use of what I run.. *nix.. :p

Anyways, are there any alternatives? There has to be something that makes it easy between SDL and OpenGL and using other oses..

Just seems like someone would have done this before hand..

Regards,
Anthony the lame who is interrupting the real developers progress. :/
The best part of waking up, is satan in your cup!