Dyna, Dimond and (~_~#) got banned

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Re: Dyna, Dimond and (~_~#) got banned

Post by adamaix »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Black Don wrote:
Rotonen wrote: Intercultural communication is a chore.
:lol: I get a kick out of your last comment cause Del, Doors and I are all from Canada
Culture can vary a ton in the same country.
Thats true, but still - that quote was taken out of context:
Rotonen wrote: Personally I'd still ban people for running their mouth after being asked to calm down to see what is going on, but there is probably a reason I'm not a GM. Intercultural communication is a chore.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

My point there being: not cooperating to resolve something -> off you go.
This message used to be meaningful.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Hear hear Goku!

~BriceDeNice for GM!
Enchilado

P.s

To avoid this becoming spam - I have contributed far too much of that lately - I will now make a serious post from here onwards.

There needs to be a clear set of bannable offences, and a GM should be able to ban for this reason and for this reason only. Also set times for these (I hope you'll forgive me for not reading that GM rules thingy someone posted a link to).

1. Abusing other players, but only if the abused and at least two others (if present) agree to the ban.
1 - 48 hours.
2. Botting (and by this I mean ANY afk activity during the game). A Botcheck must be performed (of course).
Permanent ban, reset available for first offence.

I actually can't think of anything else right now... what else is there?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

If we have a clear list, the kids around will start a festival around dodging rules.
This message used to be meaningful.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

H'm... for GMs to read only? I don't know what you get when you become one, but something like this would be good, I think.

~just so they know what they can and can not do.
Enchilado
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

A very nice fool who doesn't know my past sugar! =P
wolf_pack
Novice
Novice

Post by wolf_pack »

A general set of rules would be nice, but...considering how people love to go around things I couldn't see it working. The list would have to be ever growing to cover all the things people shouldn't do. Which would cause for more arguing. :roll:
allenmoatallen
Peon
Peon

Post by allenmoatallen »

Why not put a big giant graphic that says "Experience may change with online play."

Translation: "GMs should only ban for cheating, exploits, botting and spamming, anything else should be fair game." The community itself should be worried about respect and similar matters amongst themselves, not the GMs.

The big issue is that while having a game where everyone is respectful is a great goal, its unattainable through GMs alone, unless you were a GameDev company that could support that kind of team.

Since TMW is an open-source volunteer project, there is no such man power to enforce what the community should and should not do.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. GMs should, in essence, be invisible unless a complaint is registered, that way the player base won't worry about them. If they are amongst players visible as day with special clothes, then that already sets the stage for abuse, create a storyline about the GMs as ancestral spirits or something and get them out of "Societal" issues and concentrate on the above mentioned issues.

allenmoatallen
The Legend of Mazzeroth
Developer and Webmaster
Irvine
Novice
Novice

Post by Irvine »

:| I leave for a few months, and this is what i see when i come back. Wow. Im done with this game. The Gms are facked up. Bye
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

"Abuse! Abuse!"

Wow... if I had a nickel for every time I heard that.

Ultimately, in any community that requires some form of moderation there are going to be those that get upset when decisive actions are taken against them. Just because you think that a GM is abusing their powers doesn't mean they are. I've read this entire thread and here's what I see -- a bunch of whining kids pissed off because they got nailed for being Duck. Frankly, if I was in the position of the GM's involved, I very likely would have issued a temporary ban to those mouthing off.

One thing to understand is that GM's are there not just to police the game world and remove those that are breaking the official rules. They are also making decisions on a case-by-case basis and helping to keep the 'heat' levels in various situations low. When users start voicing their opinions in inappropriate, heated or aggressive ways, there is very much cause for a temporary ban (read, suspension). I believe that the decisions made were appropriate even if the GM's didn't exactly handle themselves in the most perfect way either (threatening someone with a ban should never be used as a bargaining chip -- either issue the ban or don't, never threaten).

I have a feeling I'll get blasted for my post but you know what? That's okay. Kids will be kids and the screamers will scream 'INJUSTICE!!!!!' every time they can. It's the equivalent of a temper tantrum -- e.g., they're looking for attention because they think they're important. So be it -- let the screamers scream their heads off and move on.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Goten
Peon
Peon

Post by Goten »

Black Don aka (~_~#) was banned for not wanting to get up from where he was sitting and follow a GM to some place..

"Oh you showed me up in public, take this.. *BAN STICK*"
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

doorsman wrote:go on players... moved that thread so you can be voiced... I hope more players will write, not always the same that are giving this game a bad taste....
Thank you for moving this thread to this board so that everyone can express their points of view.

I'm enlightened.
adamaix
Novice
Novice

Post by adamaix »

Can't we all just get along!?
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Adam: We're humans, it's impossible for all of us to get along... If that was the case then I think the world might explode from the major lack of chaos.
adamaix
Novice
Novice

Post by adamaix »

tmw-raider, do you agree with me?