Graphics on fansite

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Sladdy
Peon
Peon

Graphics on fansite

Post by Sladdy »

Hello, can i use graphics from TMW game/website/wiki on my fansite about this game?
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Graphics on fansite

Post by Enchilado! »

Well, the licence is the... er... GPL? Gnu Public Licence? Anyway, I'm fairly sure you can use Wiki and Forum graphics, and almost certainly game graphics.

~if it'd been me I would've done it without asking, so good on you! It shows an honest mind.
Enchilado
Sladdy
Peon
Peon

Post by Sladdy »

Enchilado! wrote:Well, the licence is the... er... GPL? Gnu Public Licence? Anyway, I'm fairly sure you can use Wiki and Forum graphics, and almost certainly game graphics.

~if it'd been me I would've done it without asking, so good on you! It shows an honest mind.
Enchilado
thx 4 answer :)
vox populi
Peon
Peon

Post by vox populi »

That's okay. I've just been permanently banned from the forums, though, so you won't hear any more from me.

~what's the fansite you're making?
vox populi
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Yes, everything in the is project is under the GNU GPL 2 or later. Including stuff posted to the forums: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1177.
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

jaxad0127 wrote:Including stuff posted to the forums: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1177.
Except for the stuff that gets posted to the forums by people who didn't get the licensing correct.

(italics)(Latin for filesharer beware)(/italics)