[ITEMS]-Do we have a problem ?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Re: [ITEMS]-Do we have a problem ?

Post by bigglesworth »

Wrong forum? Mantis?

If not, please give me free assassin items.

:)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved to bug report and removed kaffeeklatsch postings because this might be serious.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice

Post by The Scarlet Rhus »

As SpamMaster said, it's a magic level 3 quest item and therefore it is impossible to get.

~so, illegal...
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Post by doorsman »

the item 746 was given to Delasia at her request from another player. To show transparency and to show she had really deleted it, she asked me to do so.

For Balthazzar, I think he had items he shouldn't, and it looks like after the check, it was the case. Some players are findind flaws in the code and are able to get items that aren't in game yet (aka not available to the entire community). When those cases arrive, we remove the item(s), just like it was the case there.

Regards,
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:I was giving a fast look to the GM-log and :shock: found this :
[2009-08-22 01:32:30] 011-5.gat(40,56) Delasia : @warp 011-5 50 50
[2009-08-22 01:32:44] 011-5.gat(40,56) Delasia : @recall chiqqaaaaa
[2009-08-22 01:37:34] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @block ChiQa
[2009-08-22 01:38:00] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @l account blocked at owners request as he says its been hacked
[2009-08-22 01:42:20] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @charitemlist balthazaar
[2009-08-22 01:51:11] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @chardelitem 731 1 Balthazaar
[2009-08-22 01:51:46] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @l during random item check because of suspected hack, found assassinpants in Balthazaar inventory. removed them.
[2009-08-22 01:58:09] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @charwarp 009-1 50 50 chiqqaaaaa
[2009-08-22 01:58:40] 009-1.gat(36,53) Delasia : @warp 009-1
[2009-08-22 02:00:52] 009-1.gat(52,34) Delasia : @charitemlist goten
[2009-08-22 02:09:03] 008-1.gat(60,37) Delasia : @charitemlist lamb
[2009-08-22 02:09:46] 008-1.gat(60,37) Delasia : @charitemlist tiana[

How can we possibly find such an item as some "assassinpants" on the official server ?
My question isn't aimed at bothering player Balthazaar (I think he's a nice lad, hi Balt ! ) at all ...
I just wish to understand if this log extract is an example of possible server cheat or corruption ?

Actually there was no hack on my part and had the GM simply asked me about the item I would have gladly informed them of how they were acquired. However since I was scanned sitting in Hurnscald at the time and accused in the GM log of a suspected hack. For which there should have been no suspicion of since this item was never worn I had to ask myself why GM's were randomly checking players item lists as well as looking at their stats.

I noticed in many logs by the same GM this had been going on. I also have noticed this GM telling people they can't use magic in town. Far be it from me to decide the rules but as far as I know this is also allowed and I have seen no new rules posted. Rather than try to poison the community with more GM abuse of power posts I decided I would let it go.

However now that uber has made this post I would like to defend myself to let all know that I did not hack this item. If a GM wishes to know about the item that is fine or a Dev but I will not explain it here and I will not explain it to the GM who deleted the item from my inventory as I feel they should have asked me about it when they deleted it.
If you look back in the log uber you will find some other items too. For instance a crown deleted from lamb's inventory. I'm suprised you didn't find it.

Anyways I'm sure I will be on the *** list of these two GM's now if I wasn't already. But I assure you and all this item was not acquired by a cheat. Anyways PM me if you need to know about it GM's or Devs.
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

ah no worries here Uber just wanted to tell my side before people were either calling me a hacker or even worse having 1000 noobs asking me to get unavailable items for them :D

i just wanted to kinda make a point about newer GM's needing to utilize dialog and communication. I know they have a hard job but if they maybe take a chance to listen to the players or even just ask them about a situation before jumping to conclusions (ex posting that they suspected a hack) Or let them know why they don't want them using magic in town rather than just demanding it. Then there is the whole issue of different instances whether GMs had lied to players etc that has been surfacing recently. But that is another thread and post and i don't want to get off track.

I would like to say that if this GM had approached me and asked me about the item. I under their watchful eye would have went with them to a secluded place for instance to drop this item and let the server eat it. This way it would have been destroyed in a manner that the general community didn't need to be alarmed or worried about this item or how it came to being. Something similar was once done with an illegal GM cap that me and another i won't mention once destroyed that came into this game with these same items. But if the GM's don't get to know or trust their players then how can the players trust them.

anyways no worries my friend and i have said what i wanted to say about this
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

So ... I left this one for "tomorrow's efforts" ... pfff ... I'm all covered with sweat now ...
ImageImage
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] wrote:So ... I left this one for "tomorrow's efforts" ... pfff ... I'm all covered with sweat now ...
Please don't resurrect dead threads with nonsense. Locked.