[WIP]Zombie character sheet

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

[WIP]Zombie character sheet

Post by Asmageddon »

Ok, here is (probably) final version of my character sheet for zombies, note, that this is not monster, but character sheet for zombies. As far as I know now (with current server) it is not possible to morph player to look other, but you can use it later.
So here it is:
Player sheet for zombies on transparent bg.
Player sheet for zombies on transparent bg.
Player-sheet-zombie-fix.png (62.59 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
When it will be possible to morph player I suggest following usage of it:
When player gets killed by zombie/ghould/etc. he/she morphs into zombie. Normally this is permament, but can be reverted using magic/something. Being zombie modifies following atributes by following value:
DEF -50% (zombies are not good at defending themselves)
HP +100% (but they can stay alive even after getting head chopped off, so they have more HP)
AGI, DEX -33% (they are not too agile)
INT -75% (rotten brain is not as effective as normal one)
Speed +33% (they never get tired, so they can run for a looong time)
But as they are not agile there is always small chance for zombies to trip, and fall onto ground.
Of course some special "Brainzzzz!" emote.
(Optional) zombies have invisible player names. (It is a bit hard to recognize someone by just looking at rotten remains of face.)

Currently I will be working on some hairsets for zombies. (you probably won't have such nice, sihny hair when you'll rot)
Last edited by Asmageddon on 30 Aug 2009, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Zombie character sheet

Post by Crush »

Thanks for the effort, but unfortunately we already have zombie and skeleton sprites.
http://gitorious.org/tmwdata/mainline/b ... zombie.png
http://gitorious.org/tmwdata/mainline/b ... eleton.png

They will be released soon.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Asmageddon »

My zombie was rather intended to be used as player sheet for players, that became zombies (or rather that morphed to look like zombies), while your zombie sprite is intended to be a monster, you could use both, but do as you wish. (I'm not angry, creating this zombie was not too hard)

EDIT:

I've fixed my work a bit (it was a bit ugly somewhere, also 'unconcius' sprites were not modified)
And I think, that you could use mine too - more 'races' for players would be nice, looking like a zombie would really make player "different" from others.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Asmageddon wrote:My zombie was rather intended to be used as player sheet for players, that became zombies (or rather that morphed to look like zombies), while your zombie sprite is intended to be a monster, you could use both, but do as you wish. (I'm not angry, creating this zombie was not too hard)

EDIT:

I've fixed my work a bit (it was a bit ugly somewhere, also 'unconcius' sprites were not modified)
And I think, that you could use mine too - more 'races' for players would be nice, looking like a zombie would really make player "different" from others.
Some kind of 'zombie rot' condition similar to poisoning? Maybe reduced STR and DEX as opposed to HP drain? That could be cool.
Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Asmageddon »

I rather tought of some special item, that turns players into zombies after death, when they die second time they become normal players again, or possibility to permamently turn your character into zombie?

And if it goes for statistics I would rather suggest:
HP +160% (zombies can stay "alive" even without head/leg/arm, and they feel no pain, so they are much more resistant)
DEF -50% (they have rather unusable brains, so they do not protect themselves too much(it reduces overall defense, including defense from equipment))
STR -20%
DEX -30%
AGI -30%
also complete poison resistance
Strong ice resistance
Fire vulnerability
Some special "Brainzzzzz!" emote ^^
Two different movement states - slow (~33% slower than normal) and fast (~33% faster than normal, but with few percent chance to fall onto ground each second, because zombies do never get tired, but they are not good at walking)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It would be funny when you are killed by an undead monster you become "one of them" and have the zombie state after respawn (which can be reverted, of course).

But I don't think that we can do this that easily on the current server. On TMWServ, on the other hand, everything is possible.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Not with eAthena and current clients. We can add support into 0.0.30.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Is it possible to have appearance altering status ailments that last for a limited time? I know you can have timed ailments like poison already. Should I create a mantis ticket for this?
~Feline Monstrosity
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Changing the base sprite requires client modifications. The current eAthena clients can't do it.
Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP]Zombie character sheet

Post by Asmageddon »

Updated it a bit, look at first post.
EDIT.: I also reloaded it.