Spawning Parties?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

peavey
Novice
Novice

Re: Spawning Parties?

Post by peavey »

Wombat wrote:This is being posted in the suggestions section because it isn't about striking down Delasia, Master Kenobi or who ever is holding these events. It is about finding a way that these things can be held.
I see, so linking to the bogus abuse thread and building up a negative mood about GMs in your first post was about what?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

peavey, again with your approach, I do not like it. I do think it was abusive for her to ban Trunks in the manner he was banned, we've discussed this on IRC and we came to a resolution on it.

Second, I didn't name Delasia and I disagree with how you've decided to approach this issue with me. Read my first post again. My suggestion is aiming to overcome this lack of coordination and find ways so others can enjoy them outside of when a GM gets bored or thinks other people are bored.

Would Trunks of been punished by Delasia had she not organized this party? Hasn't there been a number of requests and discussions about spawning by developers and others that perhaps a little thought and coordination could go a long way to overcoming this? You ask these questions, which trolls away from the purpose of this thread. I don't appreciate it.
Current character is "Abolish".
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Wombat wrote:peavey, again with your approach, I do not like it. I do think it was abusive for her to ban Trunks in the manner he was banned, we've discussed this on IRC and we came to a resolution on it.
I do not like your approach either, you say your serious part, but you always have to take a little poke at people too, like right up there. Also, he was not banned, simply warped away. He was later banned by Bjørn for hacking, which is totally unrelated.
Wombat wrote:Second, I didn't name Delasia and I disagree with how you've decided to approach this issue with me. Read my first post again. My suggestion is aiming to overcome this lack of coordination and find ways so others can enjoy them outside of when a GM gets bored or thinks other people are bored.
There we go again, poking at my writing style instead of answering the question, which is relevant.
Wombat wrote:Would Trunks of been punished by Delasia had she not organized this party? Hasn't there been a number of requests and discussions about spawning by developers and others that perhaps a little thought and coordination could go a long way to overcoming this? You ask these questions, which trolls away from the purpose of this thread. I don't appreciate it.
So you're asking me to guess scenarios, I can't, maybe ask Del that. I think your initial post was 50% serious and 50% trolling, so that makes us even. I'm really tired of the way you debate and that you always have to go for the man instead of the ball.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Wombat wrote: Let's say Delasia is the "event organizer". She can talk to developers and GMs who have spawning powers to create a day long event by coordinating with them. There are private forums for devs and GMs to talk on, they have access to IRC and email. I am not suggesting a 0 or 100% issue here. This is being posted in the suggestions section because it isn't about striking down Delasia, Master Kenobi or who ever is holding these events. It is about finding a way that these things can be held.

A spawning party once or twice a month that spawns something once an hour for a 24 hour period can be difficult to manage. Asking for some effort doesn't have to be poo pooed as if I'm raining on your party when that isn't the case.
Back on topic.
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Wombat wrote:Back on topic.
Right. I think if little insignificant spawn parties (just regular monsters you can find anywhere in TMW) can't be a spur of the moment thing just to de-stress and get people un-bored when a GM senses its "time", then I will vote we simply do not allow GMs to use their @-commands for events. They must do it purely as players then like anyone else, and then they are free to decide when and where, just like anybody else.

If we are to do "planned lenghty events" then it should be made by us, using the regular NPC system as always. I suggest someone look into Salmondine's "daily random events NPC" thread. I would sure like to see a NPC script that does this on a timer, on a rotational schedule within 12-36 hours to cover all time zones. Does not have to be big; "spawn monsters for a while", "fetch me x, y and z and get n price", etc.

This is much to be preferred if "spur of the moment GM parties" can't be allowed, which is seems it can't because of planning constraints.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

To add one final point: If there are more GMs so that such parties can be thrown at various times, I think my objection can be voided as long as the team agrees. There was talk on IRC on increasing GMs, so I hope that the team can discuss this a little.

Also, as a post script, I think Delasia's use of adventurous language for these parties should be commended, which adds to the atmosphere.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Wombat wrote:My points are that events need to be announced prior to them occurring and that it would be nice (though perhaps not exactly possible) to make sure the event is offered for an entire 24 hour period.
[...]
She can talk to developers and GMs who have spawning powers to create a day long event by coordinating with them.
It might sound strange to you, but developers and game masters got a real life, too.

When doing a 24 hour event it would usually be less stress to just code an NPC for it. We already did so for halloween and easter events.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.