[WIP] Mummy character sheet

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

[WIP] Mummy character sheet

Post by Asmageddon »

So here is an updated version, but still unfinished, I'm posting it again (a little updated), because earlier it was on photobucket which resized it. Once more I want to note, that this is not monster, but player sprite sheet (race?)
And mind, that only walk animation is finished, while rest is just recolored (for now)
Attachments
My player sheet for mummies, I'll replace it with more complete version later, when I'll finish it.
My player sheet for mummies, I'll replace it with more complete version later, when I'll finish it.
Player-sheet-mummy-unfinished.png (57.24 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
Walking mummy on black bg (sorry for that 'shaking', I couldn't set grid correctly in GIMP)
Walking mummy on black bg (sorry for that 'shaking', I couldn't set grid correctly in GIMP)
Mummy-animated-walk.gif (6.62 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Last edited by Asmageddon on 30 Aug 2009, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] Mummy character sheet

Post by EJlol »

Don't use photobucket. It resizes your work.

Other mummy stuff:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... ilit=mummy
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

EJlol wrote:Don't use photobucket. It resizes your work.
You can just use the forums attachment feature. It is fast, comfortable and reliable.

About the spriteset: Pure gray is boring. Try to mix it with a tiny bit of color. You also have to do something with the eyes. Your first thought might be red glow, but resist the temptation, it would be totally over the top. You could try pale yellow eyes, though.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I know it seems as simple as modifying the player sprite sheet, but my advice is that's not going to work for this kind of monster. You'll want to create a simple wire frame (basically a walking stick figure) roughly the player's size that walks as much stiff and clumsy like a mummy with it's arms trembling in front. Usually testing the wire frame in a gif animator will give you your best idea of how workable the animation will be. Next, create your line art around the wire frame for the mummy with a bit of thought about how decrepit it should be and try to have any markers for where bandage placement will be in each frame as close as you can so the animation is fairly smooth. Then flat color each cell of your line art, add generous shadow, add a smidgen of highlights, and then anti alias and shade the line art without making it blurry (and make it a bit darker than the rest of the cell pixels), and bam!
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Asmageddon »

Argh, as I said - it was meant to be player sheet, not a monster, so that is why I created it like that - it has to be 'compatibile' with equipent items. But if you do not need/like it, then I will not finish it.
Asmageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Asmageddon »

Re-uploaded (this time to forum, not photobucket) and updated a bit, I'm waiting for comments. But I want to state this clear: this is not a monster, this is not finished, and it is intended to be player sheet. Lets say, that you get morphed into mummy when you get killed by one, or when you are zombie you can morph into mummy (maybe it will give +5-10% to DEF?)
Also look at first post.