Downloading & Running Server?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Samutz
Peon
Peon

Downloading & Running Server?

Post by Samutz »

Hi. I was referred here from another orpg project and am interested in his project. However, I'm confused about how to get a server going (if possible).
I ran eAthena for about 6 months on a linux host and was hoping I could do the same with this since it's based off of eAthena.
I downloaded the source files from the download section of the site thinking that they were the server sources and didn't realize that they were the client sources until I tried to compile it.

So I'm basically asking if the server files are available or not, and if not, will they be available in the future?
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Like me. You will have to get a hold of Elven Programmer or Bjorn and talk to them about getting the server files. I am pretty sure they would give you the files if you ask nicely. :wink:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Here it is, I created a package for everyone is interested in, it's not the last version, I think some scripts are missing but everything else should be ok:

http://anime-com.info/themanaworld/files/athena.tar.bz2
m4ndr4g00n
Peon
Peon

Post by m4ndr4g00n »

How about a Windows version? Is there any or is there a special modification needed to eAthena to use it? Maybe possibility to use other RO server emu to with modifications?
GallaZ
Peon
Peon

Post by GallaZ »

ummm.. I vote for Freya or Odin-Project ^^
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yes there's also a windows version of eAthena. I guess the binaries are included in the package. And yes it could be possible to use TMW with other server emulators once they're modified to load our map format, not a big deal.

Anyway this doesn't make sense, since we're switching to our own server, I hope as soon as possible because it's hard to cope with eAthena...
m4ndr4g00n
Peon
Peon

Post by m4ndr4g00n »

True, but right now it isn't released. How far has the TMW server gone in development?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I found the first commit on 7/3/2005 but the development started later.

Anyway the development has speed up in the last period thanks to the help of new developers, take a look at this one:

http://themanaworld.org/statcvs-tmwserv/index.html
m4ndr4g00n
Peon
Peon

Post by m4ndr4g00n »

Elven Programmer wrote:I found the first commit on 7/3/2005 but the development started later.

Anyway the development has speed up in the last period thanks to the help of new developers, take a look at this one:

http://themanaworld.org/statcvs-tmwserv/index.html
Heh, yea, can see that there came a new developer. 13 of June to 20 of june the amount of lines of code doubled :P

Man I wish I had the energy to study *lol*
brower
Peon
Peon

Post by brower »

yeah... let?s just wait. I?m sure that soon elvenprogrammer will release a good and stable 1st version of server/client ;P ^-^ :oops:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well it depend what you mean by soon, but I hope it will be as soon as possible.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

cant way I hope Nayr can port it for mac cause my G5 has a T1 line and whould be a perfect Server cause its up 24/7
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

The server will be hardly ported to mac I think, sincerely the only supported port will be linux, I only worked on the windows one because I thought I needed to test the client with it, but now that my Ubuntu is up and running, probably I won't need it anymore.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

ok ill partition my hardrive and install the new fedora core 4 linux and mabby my G5 will run that :D
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I don't see why the server wouldn't compile on MacOS X, given the relatively small problems we had with the client to get it to work on that OS. Maybe what ElvenProgrammer is saying is that it just won't be officially supported unless there's somebody on the team to make sure it compiles and works on that system.