Changing one's nick

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ephestione
Peon
Peon

Changing one's nick

Post by ephestione »

This is not a linux related problem, nor a bug either, it's just that I got to know the game through linux repos and IMO it's the least unappropriate forum branch to post the issue in.
Long story short, I created a char just for the fun of it, with a silly nick as well, but I ended up leveling it to 51, and I really hate my current nick. So, since leveling a new char with the desired nick from scratch is not an option, I would like to ask a favour to the admins: can you change my nick by request? I have two chars under my account, one is the leveled one with silly nick, the other one is a freshly created char with the nick I would like to have, so you could probably transfer the stats from one to another (maybe not deleting the silly nick one so there is no confusion if someone else registers that nick later).
Account name is the same as my nick in the forum, you basically would need to swap the nick between the two chars ;)
_______
Mauro
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Changing one's nick

Post by Ceros »

You should probably approach a GM in game about this, I have heard of it happening but it is pretty rare. Worst that can happen is they say no.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

GMs have no such power. The ones who can help are the server admins, and well... you have asked now at least.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

GM's can do but it'll reset to the level you are no matter how close you are to leveling and sometimes they wont do.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Right, forgot about the move stats workaround part. ^^; (GMs can’t rename though.)
ephestione
Peon
Peon

Post by ephestione »

Delasia has kindly offered to help, in this case with the "stats transfer" workaraound as you call it. I will have to redo all quests and magic, but at least leveling from scratch is not needed ;)
Now I just hope we catch with each other ingame at the right time of the day :P