Assignation thread - ALL ARTISTS PLEASE READ AND REPLY

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Assignation thread - ALL ARTISTS PLEASE READ AND REPLY

Post by Rotonen »

Since this situation has gotten a bit out of (my) hand, I need to verify what's going on. So I'd like every single artist hanging around to report into this thread and tell if he/she has free time, what he/she is working on at the moment or if he/she just doesn't have time anymore. This way I'll probably regain control once again and we can boost up our efficiency. Another way to boost efficiency is to come to at least idle to see what's going on at #tmwart on freenode, IRC.

Additionally any new person who might be interested in helping in any of the following fields is more than welcome to express their interest in this thread: composing (music), sfx, pixellating (sprites, tiles), conceptual art (this department is preferrably to be under my direct and frequent controlling actions due to the fact that the world just won't build itself from random pieces, the process needs to be controlled) and writers (last but not least).

Thank you all in advance. You, the artists, are the spiritual resource that'll condensate into our final world!
This message used to be meaningful.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

F.A.Q.

Posted by anonymous: Why it's so hard to contact you/find you awake in the channel? :roll:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I currently VERY busy with school, my holidays start in one week. Then I'll probably squirt out (pixel-)art as if it were maggot slime. :D
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Mkael
Peon
Peon

Post by Mkael »

I can do some concept doodles every once in a while, just ask me to if I'm not doing anything.
m4ndr4g00n
Peon
Peon

Post by m4ndr4g00n »

Well I can do most. But it will be mostly Sprites and Tiles and will take a little time to make a single piece.
I can also do SFX or atleast find free SFX that can be used for generic purposes.

I am unnemployed but depressed so I can work all the time ^^

[EDIT]

I have to say that do not think anything will come from me. I am a very depressed person, lasy and want to do much, but don't have energy for very much. With that said I will try to create all I can sum up energy for.
Last edited by m4ndr4g00n on 30 Jun 2005, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Yuuki
Novice
Novice

Post by Yuuki »

Yo Rotonen!
My summer holidays will start this wednesday, so I will have lot of free time, then I'll continue making the sprites like npc's, etc... :wink:
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Still going on the playerset...
look for my next upload in the next day or two, by the way.

After the playerset is completed, I'll most likely work on tiling.

Later on (like in the fall), I can work on composing some music; at that point, I'll actually have access to the tools to do so.
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

I would have done quite a few sprites by now but something came up (personal matters) and I wasn't able to...

I should be able to do some more stuff in about a week or so. :wink:
I love you too. :)
Kekskiller
Novice
Novice

Post by Kekskiller »

I'm currently enjoying my holidays, but I'm busy enough to say: "I doesn't have time anymore". Sorry about the lacking work and all so... but I need to train my skillz.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Nice to see you still hang around sometime :P
Maester Pixel
Peon
Peon

Post by Maester Pixel »

Hey Rotonen. Currently I am working on building tilesets, though I already informed you on MSN messenger I just thought I enlighten you again. :wink:

Right now at the very moment I am a little tired and somewhat restless from work..... but I'm not too busy with work since I only go there three days a week (fithteen days per month). So thats not the problem. The problem is, is that I'm lazy (we all our), but thats the result of my job interfearing with me. About the tilesets, I'll upload them tomorrow, since I have off. Maybe in the near future (if I'm here that long) I would like to work on items or something of the sorts (they will however look much better then the ones I provided below).

Item sample.png:

Hmm. Since know one has brought this up before I thought I should; Rotonen or Elven, whoever is in charge of that department, should create/apply "deadlines" to the current active spriters, yes I'm sure everyone has heard of the term before, so everyone should be aware of the meaning. Now down to the point, if you were to assign each spriter a deadline you could increase productivity greatly in the time it takes for pixel art to get finished. It also helps the staff get up-to-date with "us" spriters an what were currently doing. Of course this is totally optional. I would highly recommend it if money was to be involved. Just another thought from a curious peon.
Last edited by Maester Pixel on 01 Jul 2005, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I know you said you were going to improve the items, but I just want to say I think they're a good start. On a slightly more important note, you're free to use alpha layer to make the bottles/liquid look a bit translucent, we're not stuck with magic pink anymore.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Having deadlines could help but not that much since artists are free spirits, they'd like to take their time. We (programmers) have our deadlines and we accomplish most of them.
I'd like to see them as well as art development guidelines as we have coding style references, just to keep everything in the same style as much as possible...

Maybe someone can suggest where to find some guidelines to start from?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

My suggestion is that you take the programmers,composers,pixel artist's and tile'rs that all work on the project alot and have them be the main team. Then you have the other people that just throw some stuff in when they can. The people that do work alot (the main team) can have deadlins and the other's can do stuff whenever they want.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Keksi, how about your sister?

Thanks for all the replies, but there are still more people I'd like to know about.. ;)
This message used to be meaningful.