Keep quiet...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: Keep quiet...

Post by Jumpy »

Hi Bertram,

thanks for the idea and i really think you did well in presenting it as an open debate in the forum.

i agree it can be a very good tool but i wanted to show some of the dangers that it can represent.

the warping of people in special areas such as jail or the place in which the players that are suspected of botting could be extended in places such as
spamming room
botting room
trolling room
and so on

rooms in which messages would be sent to explain the reason why the player was warped there

GM could have so the oportunity to explain in a private and cool way the exact reason of the warp

rooms or why not a garden or whatever place

So thanks again for the post

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Keep quiet...

Post by Bertram »

Hi Jumpy,

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I understand well, characters could be warped to the "spamming-trolling-... garden" instead of being muted,
with something like an automatic message and/or a GM saying they have been disregarded and explaining the reason why.

Sounds also interesting.

Since it's already done with the jail room, adding a few other maps this way would take long.
We could even do both if it's useful...

Anyway, I'd really like to see some more GM advice upon this.

Regards,