Improvements

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

darkninja
Peon
Peon

Improvements

Post by darkninja »

Hey guys :D,
Here are a few small improvements that I have made to current works in TMW.
I have been browsing through the current resources and noticed a few things that are have a negative effect on te quality of the game and so have made some amendments and I'm hoping that they could be included in newer versions of TMW?
1.weapon-dagger-dagger
I noticed that the dagger icon needed a bit of work as it looked like a feather stuck onto the pommel and handle of a sword, also i saw the icon for the dagger and saw that the icon for the "knife" was bigger and looked more dangerous? there is also the same issue with the "knife" looking more dangerous than the "sharp knife" and having a bigger icon even though less dangerous (i will be amending this too)... I made the blade slightly longer keeping the current grip design. I made 2 versions of the icon, one being with a blunt end and one being similiar to the original with the "feathered" point.
Dagger V1
Dagger V1
weapon-dagger-dagger V1.png (320 Bytes) Viewed 1164 times
V2 with feathered end
V2 with feathered end
weapon-dagger-dagger V2.png (348 Bytes) Viewed 1163 times
2.I also made the Unknown curser of the GUI a different shade of red that should make it easier to see on all backgrounds (OCD I know XD but like i said you may see it as pointless if so then dont include it lol)
unknown-item.png
unknown-item.png (431 Bytes) Viewed 1165 times
I amended the assassin set aswell and will be posting that shortly

No disrespect is meant to the original pixel artists it is just that i am trying to improve the quality of the game "The Mana World" and have fixed little mistakes that they have missed.

~Dan
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Improvements

Post by Crush »

Your weapon-dagger-dagger.png remake looks more like a sword to me.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

darkninja wrote: I amended the assassin set aswell and will be posting that shortly

No disrespect is meant to the original pixel artists it is just that i am trying to improve the quality of the game "The Mana World" and have fixed little mistakes that they have missed.

~Dan
I won't hold my breath in anticipation. Just remember I made the Assassin set dye-able so any change you make to it must meet the needs of the dying system or any modification will stick out like a swore thumb.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
darkninja
Peon
Peon

Post by darkninja »

Hey people ,
now that i properly look at it it does look like the blade is a bit too long but what i need to know is whether it will be worth shortening it slightly ? I mean is the modification justifiable ? And is it of a good enough quality to be included ? All that i was trying to do with the dagger is make it kool word realistic rather than a knife having a larger icon than the dagger does . I am simply tryin to iron out small things like that to make the game seem of a higher quality. I could shorten the blade a few pixels if you think that is needed. Dark do you have msn ? He so please pm of it so that i may contact you about the set , cheers,
dan
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

Just for you to be aware of: The knives icon has been replaced with a better one already.

See:
http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=389

Maybe it's not pushed in-game yet.

But about the will to improve the game graphics. You have of course my support.

Regards,