Error Compiling git on Jaunty Today!

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
black
Novice
Novice

Re: Error Compiling git on Jaunty Today!

Post by black »

I am still stuck there, can you please find some way to tell the g++ where's my SDL includes are. I have googled for two days but all I get is the -I option since I am not compiling a single file, we have to use make therefore it's impossible.

I have read that CPATH or CXXPATH determine what folders to parse for include files, but echo $CPATH or CXXPATH gives nothing, help please!!!! :(
"Don't know ourselves yet we blame others" - B|_aCk

LoOp.pk Pakistan's Photography and Photographers
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Have you asked Ubuntu support too? I can't see anything wrong on our end in your setup.
black
Novice
Novice

Post by black »

I will ask them and will let you know

fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

black,

try `./configure -h', that will give you the full list of options (including environment variables you can set to override include directories). If your SDL installation uses nonstandard include or library directories (Ubuntu, as with Debian, will list the places at which it puts packet contents with `dpkg -L <packetname>'; e.g., `dpkg -L libsdl1.2-dev') you will have to manually specify these. CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS are usually all you need (plus perhaps LD_LIBRARY_PATH to start the program); in your situation, it may suffice if you set CPPFLAGS to -I/usr/include/SDL before ./configuring.

-- fate
black
Novice
Novice

Post by black »

Thanks fate, I used dpgk -L and my libsdl is in standard location. /usr/include/SDL and I set the CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS to -I/usr/include/SDL still no success. I also used ./configure --includedir=/usr/include/SDL abd --oldincludedir=/usr/include/SDL but same error. lets see what ubuntu guys have to say about it.

black
Novice
Novice

Post by black »

I did compile from code::blocks successfully today and in the tmw git folder's there an executeable tmw file of 13.6mb is this the client file?

When i do ./tmw in terminal it says permission denied, I have given it execute permission any clues?

black
Novice
Novice

Post by black »

The permission problem is a common ext4 bug, it doesn't let you mount an ext4 partition with user,exec so have to remove user in order to have exec work.

and I have successfully build it finally thanks to Aard and Kage_jittai on #tmw-dev, they have been with me for like 2 hours. I will post a detailed info on what was messed up preventing me from building tmw from git. I have to catch my class :(

black
Novice
Novice

Post by black »

The problem was that some time ago when I couldnt find libsdl related packages, or didnt knew there names, I compiled them from source, this messed up my configuration and it created an alternate include directory in "/usr/local/include/SDL" which was being used rather than the default "/usr/include/SDL" and the SDL library which was in local/include folder had some files missing.

Aard on #tmw-dev pointed it out that "/usr/local/include/SDL" is being searched for SDL and it made things clear, so I removed SDL, reinstalled SDL reconfigured but still I had issues. Then I

Code: Select all

sudo rmdir /usr/local/include
altogether and reinstalled all libsdl related packages and then it worked.

I again thanks every one who has helped me, I learnt alot and if there's any one new to compiling tmw on linux please let me know I can help him for sure.