[WIP] Jade Burial Mask

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Black Don
Knight
Knight

[WIP] Jade Burial Mask

Post by Black Don »

what I was using for inspiration

what I have come up with
Jade Burial Mask preview.png
Jade Burial Mask preview.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [WIP] Jade Burial Mask

Post by fate »

Don,

at this resolution it's impossible to draw a mask with tiles, so I doubt that you can make it clear that it's supposed to be made out of those rather than out of a big (and somewhat battered) chunk of jade. Modulo that, the texture looks interesting, so that part is good. :-)

It doesn't have quite as much (shaded) depth as the original mask-- looking more flat-ish-- so that might be something to look into (unless that was what you were going for.)

My two main concerns, however, are: first the eyes-- the white pixels stand out too much. You could either place some intermediate-colour pixels at the SE/SW/NE/NW corners of the pupil, or try going for a
XOX XOX
XOX XOX

or

XXX XXX
XOO OOX

or a plain

XOX XOX

look.

The second concern is the colour: it's too close to pure yellowish green (too bright and shiny), in my opinion. You might want to adjust your palette a little bit.

To me this looks like a potential quest item (collect n pieces of jade to build that mask so that you can pass through some door) or something for humanoid enemies to wear (`jade skeletons' with a 1% drop chance for one of three pieces of the mask, and once you have one of each, you can get a jeweller to put it together for you).

-- fate
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

could put an earring in the mask, is similar to the image. :idea:

Hykaro
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I fixed the lighting issues as for the eyes I decided to go for more of a jewel ruby type eyes. I would put the ear rings on the mask except at this resolution they don't look right, so I wont put them on.
Jade Burial Mask preview2.png
Jade Burial Mask preview2.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Black Don wrote:I fixed the lighting issues as for the eyes I decided to go for more of a jewel ruby type eyes. I would put the ear rings on the mask except at this resolution they don't look right, so I wont put them on.
Jade Burial Mask preview2.png
i love the way it looks. ear rings on the mask would be neat ..but not easy to put in and odd looking in game(imo)...is there other things you can put on the mask ..may be on the top or sides like this
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/278815 ... 0614bYMpyD

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/259613 ... 5847wNyyEk

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/239207 ... 0614xSeFII

dont know if this helps not not..but there you go.
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Beelzebub
Peon
Peon

Post by Beelzebub »

Kind of reminds me of the Loki style mask from the movie... well the movie "The Mask." Either way, it looks creepy andneat.
Ereh Nwod Nuf Rof Sdik Tae Lla Ew
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

I think we should use the original mask as a cucumber/mud mask for Port City Spa.