Cemetery - Proposed Quests

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

John P
Warrior
Warrior

Cemetery - Proposed Quests

Post by John P »

(note: the following 2 proposed quests make more sense if you have read the proposed back story here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=6852 )

Cemetery Quest – The Caretaker

NPC: The Caretaker - was inadvertently bound by the curse set by the magicians. He had not wanted to leave the grave site of his recently deceased wife, and had not been aware of the magicians' plan. He now watches as she wanders as one of the undead. He protects her from being killed by the many warriors who come to fight the reanimated horde.

Quest: The Caretaker gives warriors letters to return to his daughter in (Port City/Hurnscald/Farming Village). When you give the letter to his daughter, she explains that she is one of many who believes that the repeated killing of the creatures diminishes their mana supply. She recruits you to help in killing undead creatures and to prove your allegience to the cause by bringing back [x number of items] dropped by [which ever undead creature(s)]

Reward: When completed, she vows to enhance your reputation with [Whatever group] of whom her step father is a high-ranking member. ***This translates as X number of experience points.

NPC: The Caretaker's daughter – Raised by her uncle after her father was trapped within the cemetery. Her uncle is a high ranking member of [Whatever group]. Before you bring her The Caretaker's letter, she will recruit you still and pay money for X number of [undead item]. She will only provide the experience once (and only after you give her the letter), but then you can return to getting money for the undead items.
Last edited by John P on 23 May 2009, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Cemetery - Proposed Quests

Post by John P »

Cemetery Quest – The Fighters of the Undead

NPCs: A group of [3] warriors, resting in an area of the cemetery (or guarding, or just standing around, or animated fighting). They come every day to kill the undead, because they also believe that killing them depletes their mana. They will each have a story as to why they are so dedicated to the cause. 1: Believes the creatures are holding the souls of men, one of which was his father. 2: Son of the Caretaker who hopes to one day free his father. 3: Just wants to be sure the creatures never escape. His mother, an onlooker when the mages cast the spell, was killed when the creatures rose and does not wish to see them ever kill innocent people again. One of these NPCs can tell the back story of the cemetery.

Quest: To Kill Sir Truk Dermish, boss monster of the cemetery.
One of the fighters tells you of the incredible strength of Truk and that many warriors have fought and lost against the old hero. The NPCs claim to fight him constantly but he always forces their retreat. Since he was the target of the magicians' spell, they believe he not only has the highest concentration of mana held within him, but further than his mana feeds the mana of the other creatures.

Reward: Return to the warriors with proof that you killed Truk (something he drops – for realism hopefully it is something that he has a lot of or he respawns*). They will give you your reward**

*Options for drop:
Some body part that regrows when Truk reanimates
Some piece of treasure that Truk has tons of from warriors he has killed – perhaps Warrior Guild Amulet
Truk is known to carry a bag of something from his journeys, you take one of [whatever] from his bag

**Options for reward:
Object that Truk drops can become an amulet that does something (increases heal rate?)
Experience for reputation with warrior guild
Money (maybe they made bet with you that you couldn't kill him)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sounds good to me. Who is going to write the scripts?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

If nobody has started NPC scripts yet, to any willing to script I have some dialogue written that can be used. PM me if you want it, or maybe I will just post it here later
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Is it possible for a map-transition tile to take you to a different map after something has happened? If not, it could be an NPC... anyway, you only go to Truk Dermish if you haven't killed him... if that would work. Otherwise, you go to an empty room with no one in it.

~or something...
Enchilado
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

Code: Select all

// Warrior 1
new_MAP NAME HERE ,X,X,X     script  warrior1        XXX,{
	mes "Get out of here , stranger this is a dangerous place for kids!!";
	next;
	menu
		"Really , why??", L_why,
		"Ok , bye then", close;

L_why:

mes "This Creatures steal souls , they trapped my father!";
	close;

}

// Warrior 2
new_MAP NAME HERE ,X,X,X     script  warrior2        XXX,{
	mes "I Will free my father i swear!!";
        close;

}

// Warrior 3
new_MAP NAME HERE ,X,X,X     script  warrior3        XXX,{
	mes "They will Never kill an innocent person again , not like my mother!!";
	next;
        mes "hey , do you want something?";
	menu
		"May i help you ?", L_help,
                " i brought the amulet " , L_reward ,
		"Not at all , sorry", close;

L_help:

mes "You must be joking , i bet you cant kill Sir Truck Dermish!";
        menu
		"Sir whom?", L_whom,
		"MuM im Scared", close;
L_whom :
mes "He has so much Mana he even gives mana to evil creatures round him , you must be crazy";
next;
mes " but hey if you do kill him , nex time we talk (which i doubt we will) , bring me the amulet he stole";
next;
mes " it will be the proof of our bet , ok?";
next;
menu 
     "ok , bye" , close;
     "Please Help me , i dont want to die !" , close;

L_reward : 

if (countitem(XXX) >  0 ) goto L_bring;
      mes " you , filthy little liar , i cant see that amulet , out of my way ";
      close;

L_bring :
mes " wow , you have guts you " ;
next;
mes " i did promise , here its yours " ;
delitem XXX, 1;
getitem XXX, 1;
close;

}
Last edited by Habari on 10 Sep 2009, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

I Havent test it , dont guarantee it works , im just a newbie at scripting , but just have a look at them ,
they are a nice start for the warriors quest.

Edit: change the X's in code , whenever the graphics are implemented
Viscous Viscera
Peon
Peon

Post by Viscous Viscera »

Quests? I can give you some of that!
Put an abandoned church where there are skulls/scorpions/snakes...
And a priest NPC in the end...
The priest needs to get out and needs to be sheilded.
WALLAH!? BETSANCIFICIATION!
Then he thanks you.. and then gives you the following ingredients to bring
-10 iron ore (For the metallic shaft)
-20 raw log (For the wooden head)
- 10 dark crystals (Empowering!!)
- 1 leather patch (For the grip)
Then he makes a nice staff for your magic needs... also +XXX attack (should be high since magicians don't really put anything to str). ALSO!!
>> This staff can not be used under 60 int... otherwise warriors will go on exploiting it
>> +100 magic attack... swords are like that for melee... why not staffs for magic? This way people will be able to put "something" to other stats?
How's the idea?
❝There are two types of secrets: One that is not worth keeping,
...and Second that is too good to keep❞
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The scripts for the cemetery quests are mostly finished by now.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.