Maybe this piece

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Doulos
Novice
Novice

Maybe this piece

Post by Doulos »

Here's a piece I pulled out of the archive that was meant for a play. The play folded and the music was never used.

I've put in the MP3 that it's GPL2.

Feel free to review it use or not use it.

It's more peaceful/meditative than hugely dramatic.

EDIT: This is the OGG version with a volume boost.

(Sorry, I didn't realize this forum accepted 3 Mb files)
Attachments
Irene.ogg
Irene or "Peace". Download and enjoy.
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
Last edited by Doulos on 20 Sep 2009, 21:49, edited 4 times in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Maybe this piece

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We'll need an OGG version to distribute.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hope you don't mind. I evened out the levels a bit and exported as 128Kbps .ogg format.

This is really nice piece - Very nicely done! I imagine the downbeat nature to suit a run-down kind of slum town...
Attachments
HarpAndStrings.ogg
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Oh, beautiful. WTG!
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

I think (could be wrong) that this has been performed by keyboard, maybe then tidied up velocities and timing a little in the sequencer, but chances are that it was played straight in depending on the quality of the keyboard performance.

What I like the most about this, is that the miminal approach of the instrumentation allows the strength of the compostion and arrangement to shine. A certain case of 'less is more'.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Forgive the lengthy delay to answering. I wasn't keeping an eye on this thread.
dariunas wrote:Hope you don't mind. I evened out the levels a bit and exported as 128Kbps .ogg format.

This is really nice piece - Very nicely done! I imagine the downbeat nature to suit a run-down kind of slum town...
Yay!!! Yes! Yes! Please, it's open source, do what you will. Add more instruments if you wish.
Kill3rZ wrote:Oh, beautiful. WTG!
*bows with heart-felt gratitude*
Uber_Kalimero wrote:May I ask who made the original parts : auto-synthesis from a chords chart or something actually played on a keyboard ?
(I can't dream you to play real Harp ? ... if so, time has come to put my Celtic Mandocello & Mandolla lunacies on tracks ... mmmm ...)
and...
dariunas wrote:I think (could be wrong) that this has been performed by keyboard, maybe then tidied up velocities and timing a little in the sequencer, but chances are that it was played straight in depending on the quality of the keyboard performance.
Software: PowerTracks Pro 9 for Windows XP.
Input: manual... long, slooooowww, manual keying in of the basic parts, melody, strings...
Instrument on lap while keying in: Guitar
SoundCard: SoundBlaster with custom SoundFonts. The instruments were part of a "sound font" that can be plugged into the SoundBlaster card. The basic 8 Mb set of 128 instruments is pathetic. I boot that set out and then add a larger set that requires about 65 Mb. Then I remove certain individual instruments from the 65 Mb file in favor of instruments located in other sound fonts.
Confession: Some of the melodic notes were keyed in by mistake. On playback I decided to keep them.

@dariunas: I hear your musician's heart in "tidying up the notes." However, the "dirt" and "imperfections" were carefully added to produce human error that midi just kills.

Thanks for the very encouraging comments.

Edit: From the original .wav file: volume boosted in Audacity. Song title: "Irene"
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

pushed as "The Mana World - Peace.ogg" to http://gitorious.org/tmw/music

Approved by Fate and Kage

This piece is planned to be used on map 001-4 (Omar's house)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

This looks a bit strange to me (bolded by me):
Kage wrote:pushed as "The Mana World - Peace.ogg" to http://gitorious.org/tmw/music
mplayer wrote:Clip info:
Name: Irene
Artist: Doulos
Creation Date: 2004
Genre: Meditative
It is a very nice track with a CRPG feel to it. :mrgreen: And, yes, dariunas, you were quite right about this piece fitting a “slow tempo” town. Whoo. This is the kind of music I love to hear when playing games (or watching movies). Good work, Doulos! :)
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Irene = Peace
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Instrument on lap while keying in: Guitar
:D :wink: :)

Wonderful to dream along. Really well done Doulos!
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

The one is super. Mellow and the designers placed it well in he game. Great indoor tune and a nice change of pace too.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak