Remembering 9/11

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Cecil Burrow
Peon
Peon

Re: Remembering 9/11

Post by Cecil Burrow »

Because nothing else comparably bad has ever happened to any other country, ever.
Irvine
Novice
Novice

Post by Irvine »

Cecil Burrow wrote:Because nothing else comparably bad has ever happened to any other country, ever.
Awesome to say :P That made me laugh, lol. (high five)
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Yes, and in January i will be going to fight for the country, (USA) Bad mouth us all you want but we fight for our rights and our country.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

I like how Obama is upright and pitching flower, while McCain looks all hunched over and crotchety... struggling to work his way closer to the monument so he can release his meager grip and allow the flower to drop from his hand (he isn't quite sure if he is still holding the thing or not to begin with)
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

McCain looks so old in this pic haha i voted for Obama :D
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Anybody who would take the events on 9/11/2001 lightly is cold blooded, heartless and cruel.

I don't care what country you're from, 3000 people dying in a terrorist attack is a very big deal. And it wasn't just a couple of planes crashed into a tall building. The WTC stood for global capitalism. It stood for freedom. It meant something to those of us in the United States. And it meant something to me. I was there that day. So you go and watch one of the best known and most important symbols of your country fall apart in front of you and see how you feel.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
allenmoatallen
Peon
Peon

Post by allenmoatallen »

You do realize that McCain was a POW and was tortured as one right? He suffered permanent injury and disability from that which is why he looks so stiff.

Way to go bashing a veteran that fought for our freedom, now I know where you head is at :?
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Not to be disrespectful. 9/11 was terrible and all the world was in shock and pain when that happened, but I have a few examples of people who had it a little worse than that.

Hiroshima
Nagasaki (It's really cool to wipe out entire cities and poison huge areas to punish an act of war against military targets. There is no such thing as an innocent civilian, right?)
Kosovo (remember American soldiers writing "Happy Easter" on the rockets that they used to bomb civilian-filled churches on Easter night? That was very funny, oh how we laughed!)

And these are just examples of what America did to others. I won't even mention what happened to other people in places where Americans were not (directly) involved.

9/11 is a day of mourning, but you didn't have it the worst. Don't insult other people by saying that.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

You're right. Nobody said we had it worst and I'm not claiming that we had it worst. What bothers me is when someone takes things like this lightly. It's nothing to take lightly and in a thread like this there is no room for jokers.

It's even worse when individuals like yourself downplay what happened. You know what... I wasn't there for the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. I didn't witness it. So I can't grieve for it in the same way that I can grieve for what happened 8 years ago in New York City.

So please... stop downplaying what happened. Allow this thread to be what it was intended to be for. A reminder of the terrible things that we do to eachother and a thread for those of us in the United States and around the world that were affected by the events on 9/11. Take your self-rightoeousness elsewhere.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

I was joking, but i had no idea why he looked like that, and during the election everyone made fun of him because he is old, so don't try bashing me. I'm fighting for this country so isn't that good enough for you?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

grats! :)

InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

For European "occasional pilots", here is a convenient way to crash an AIRBUS A340 by fooling his GNAA system :
(you're not supposed to play the martyr inside the plane : save the ticket money, and keep your technical day-job ... )