Unable to translate

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Unable to translate

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Feel free to fix it on LaunchPad.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I already noticed this mistake a while ago and wanted to fix it, but Launchpad has it already fixed. You can expect a fix in the next release.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Gouki wrote:I wonder if I am able. May I ask what and where (our?) launchpad is?
https://translations.launchpad.net/tmw/ ... /+pots/tmw

Edit: OK, it is not fixed everywhere.

Edit2: Now I made sure that it is
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

On a sidenote, why cannot translations be distributed as dynamical updates? Would actually make sense in my opinion.

This would require some sort of a system where you could select the updates you want, though: I wouldn't want to download _all_ the available translations per default.
This message used to be meaningful.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Might be doable. Can we tell libintl and such where to look for translation files? Can we provide them in memory (probably the better question)?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The fact that language files are needed before the update phase might be a problem.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Can't we update the language files after the update?Like we do with the wallpaper.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

First time players will not begin with their own language in such a case, unless all languages are installed by default, but only the selected ones will be updated.

One option is that all languages are installed by default and only the system’s locale is selected for automatic updates (by default).

Another possibility is to split the translations into several packages (e.g. client core, launcher, ...) where the “launcher” translations are installed with the client and the other need to be selected from the list of optional updates. Then when starting the client for the first time an option to download language packages may be chosen, preferably with the system’s default locale (if available) as default current selection.