Party mode & inventory quick keys.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Lurg
Peon
Peon

Party mode & inventory quick keys.

Post by Lurg »

I was just partying with few other players and I was thinking, that somekind of a party mode would be sweet. I think it is a little bit unfair when only one player gets that exp from the kill. So could party mode be too difficult to add?

Then player could create a party and invite people to it. All the experience would then be divided to all players. This does bring a little cheat possibility though. One low level character could join to a party of high level players and gain lot of experience. But if the percentage gained with the kill would be calculated by player levels this problem shouldn't exist.

For example if players with level 1 and level 2 would get 45% and 55% percent shares.Level 1 and level 3 players would get 40% and 60% or so. This is just a crude example, better formula should be thought of.

And another request would be diablo-like quick keys where I could add my potions etc. I think it is too difficult to start enjoying your ice cold cactus potion whilst in the middle of killing black scorpions when you have to browse through your inventory. ;)

Well, these were just a few suggestios that I came up with. Dunno if they have already been suggested. Sorry if they have been. :)
Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

Party system isnt at top priority until the new servers made. also, its nice to see another party system. Put it on the wiki.
Heres another Party System that i made http://wiki.themanaworld.org/Party_system
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

Also I feel, the exp actually gets divided. I played with by bro this afternoon and we got exp by percentage of damage we did to the monster...

like everybody taking 50% of the monsters health, everybody got 50% of exp... (we calculated and then proofed it).

it works! :P

best regards,
mandrake
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
Lurg
Peon
Peon

Post by Lurg »

I must admit, that while I have been reading that wiki that party system has totally slipped past my eyes. ;) It was quite interesting, I'll write my suggestion if I can come up with some better examples and stuff like that. :) I also hate writing english because I suspect that no one will understand anything I write. ;)

mandrake, are you sure? If that what you said is true then it is quite much the system I was suggesting. ;) I really haven't done so much partying so I can't really tell if that really is the case. But I still think that it is better to have party "declared".

But anyway, I have this party system in my head, I'll just have to sort it out and write down. It might take few hundred years though. ;)
Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content.
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

Lurg,

I am really sure as far that the exp gets divided between those who killed the monster. (Although I am not one of the developers, but I just figured it out in the game).

But the "teams" are made up quite unintended; there aren't real teams yet, but just fellows that happen to hit the same monster.

Sometimes you might also stumble over a monster that you can kill with just one hit, becaue it had not many hitpoints left. In that case you might notice, that you don't get all the exp you would normally for killing that kind of monster. Really, try it. :wink:

best regards,
mandrake
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
Lurg
Peon
Peon

Post by Lurg »

mandrake1983 wrote:Sometimes you might also stumble over a monster that you can kill with just one hit, becaue it had not many hitpoints left. In that case you might notice, that you don't get all the exp you would normally for killing that kind of monster. Really, try it. :wink:
Come to think of it, I have been sometimes wondering why I don't get full exps from all kills. ;) That would explain it. ;)