Painting armor

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Painting armor

Post by mightydefiant »

In the game you can dye clothes to be able you customize your character. But you can't paint your armor. The few times I've been in the woodlands mine, all the warriors look the same. It would be a nice addition to be able to paint your armor and look different, even if it a few colors. This can also add a painter quest like the clothes dyer. What do you guys think?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Painting armor

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Unlikely with the current server, as each recolor needs it's own item ID. TMWServ will allow us to store dye information for individual item instances, and we can do this.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Even better: The planned system for TMWServ is supposed to allows a custom dye ramp for each item instance. This means an item can have virtually any color you want.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Post by mightydefiant »

Okay, cool. I understand if it is impractical to do it now. But if it is planed for the TWWServ, then I'll happily wait for it. :)
The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice

Post by The Scarlet Rhus »

That's awesome, Crush! I was planning to have that for my Mana World branch (if I ever make it...), so it's great to know you guys will be doing all the work.

~er, that is to say... so how will it work? RGB or something?
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How this possibility will be used is not determined yet, but my idea is that the colors of metal equipment will mostly be influenced by the materials used for crafting it.

Regarding textile equipment: My idea is that every dye item you use on an item only changes the color slightly. So you have to use multiple dyes to get the result you want.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:How this possibility will be used is not determined yet, but my idea is that the colors of metal equipment will mostly be influenced by the materials used for crafting it.

Regarding textile equipment: My idea is that every dye item you use on an item only changes the color slightly. So you have to use multiple dyes to get the result you want.
Of course, this applies to our server. Other servers can do what they want.