Lightning power reduced, no more lvl 2 self-healing

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Lightning power reduced, no more lvl 2 self-healing

Post by Kill3rZ »

As was globally announced a few minutes ago, Mages are not able to use lvl 2 healing spell on themselves any more and also lightning lost some of its power (according to level and skills)

Apparently the knights win (even if some developers told us that nothing will change until we'll have a reasonable way of really balancing things).

I'm a knight right now and I just finished burning all my ores to level up quickly (I kind of saw this coming) so I couldn't care less for now, but the mages really need some love.

You really need to do one or more of the following for the mages to be able to survive and maybe even level every once in a while:

1. (my favourite) Make chiza or upmarmu really good (also based on level and skill, but regardless of dex and str) It's melee so it won't bother knights any more and it will be only fair. Mages can't really protect themselves, so let them at least hit their targets well while trying to dodge their hits at the same time. It would be just fair.
2. Make lightning even weaker if needed (or make skulls lightning resistant), but increase iron ore drop rate, make some monsters drop iron powder (maybe spiders?), or let skilled mages transmutate iron powder from something less rare (like gamboge leaves maybe?)
3. Bring up magic lvl 3 quicker. At least give advanced mages free "fire dart" if you won't give them something good and cheap to fight with.
4. Make natural armor VERY strong. At least for now. Strong enough to compensate for the lack of iron.

Use any of my suggestions or find something else, but if you really have balance in mind, you can't complain of lack of options. Right now you made it absolutely cost-inefficient to be a mage. They can't even heal themselves any more when they get hurt trying to level by healing others.

or, since this is how it looks like

5. Remove magic completely since it makes so many people angry. (this was a sarcastic remark that will be applauded by many-many dumb narrow-visioned people)
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Re: Lightning power reduced, no more lvl 2 self-healing

Post by Kill3rZ »

6. Make it back the way it was since right now it's such a bad idea. You solved nothing of the problems mages already used to have and you just took away something that wasn't enough anyway.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

can someone please elaborate on the lightning-lost-its-power thing? I don't recall anyone changing anything here, and when I checked the caves last night, people were causing the same kind of damage as before. I'm worried that someone is spreading misinformation, quite possibly unintentionally.

As for lay-on-hands being partially fixed, please see my other post.

-- fate
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Fate, as I said, I just burned all ores so I can't exactly check it out but it was globally announced, I quote approximately:

"Lightning (actually the announcer used the spell invocation) damage was seriously reduced according to player level and skills"
Right after (or before) announcing "lay-on-hands" spell modification to no longer work on self.
It was a set of global announcements.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

That announcer was misinformed. Lightning hasn't been changed.
Krist
Novice
Novice

Post by Krist »

Oh I hate no self healing it real came as a suprise and if the lvl 3 magic or w/e doesn't balance it out im going to be pee-od because I base my stats as an archer who has 99dex and enough intel to be able to heal my self with inma and enough stats for everything else. Well that is no more I cannot just heal my self I will have to probably change by bloody stradegy because that has changed.

I protest that it should be returned to what is was with being to heal yourself. Or explained why it was changed in the first place... :x
I used to have Dark Talisman...then I turned level 6.

Official Server (Krist 82 or Krist's Slave Boy 52 or Krist's Squire 47)
Mon serveur préféré est tmw.ufbteam.com :D (My preferred server is the UFB Server)
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Krist,

please see this thread:

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=8254

Forum admins: can someone close this thread, please? It's a dupe of the aforementioned one (except for the lightning power reduction part, which has been clarified as misinformation).

-- fate
Krist
Novice
Novice

Post by Krist »

ok, I see. Thanks for Explaination. I shall have to live with the change
I used to have Dark Talisman...then I turned level 6.

Official Server (Krist 82 or Krist's Slave Boy 52 or Krist's Squire 47)
Mon serveur préféré est tmw.ufbteam.com :D (My preferred server is the UFB Server)
jcdvsrbld
Peon
Peon

Post by jcdvsrbld »

I'm glad someone is sticking up for the mages. seems like they're getting the shaft.

what we really need

self healing and party healing in 3rd tier.
better, cheaper attacks
less exp from healing (i know it seems like im being harsh, but if you make items for stronger magic attacks more readily available, the exp is not needed as much)
"quis custodiet ipsos custodes"