World building - ALL INTERESTED WRITERS READ AND REPLY

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

World building - ALL INTERESTED WRITERS READ AND REPLY

Post by Rotonen »

Read this list: http://themanaworld.org/wiki/index.php/Kingdoms and wonder why there is only one backstory and definition.. :roll:
So it's time for us to start to define the neighbours of Tulimshar.
Please also see this and this.

Bounce around ideas and we'll work together on these. I'd just like to know who are interested at this point.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

hazza, with an imagination equivalent to the pea you eat for dinner! im here to help!
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

If you could add some inner areas. Like main towns,building's etc. I have an idea for a magic acadamy (wich i would run of course :) ) wich would have people get more into the game. I will explain below:

The area would be a place for younge people who want to be magicians to start out. There you could have a npc that would change you to that class but only if you have a certificate of graduation (given by me) This would take some time to do but some area's and places should be ran like this. Thanks :)

~Magick~
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

We won't have classes and seems too much like RO wizard quest.
Berrik
Peon
Peon

Post by Berrik »

we won't have classes? how long? or for ever?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

With the new server we will have skill based players, so if you want to be a certain class you just have to spend skill points on related skills. I can't say when this will happen though.
Berrik
Peon
Peon

Post by Berrik »

Okay i just thought there would never be any classes/other skills in the game :? 8)
Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Post by Scooterman »

i can help too :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

It's about time I'd like to see something concrete now that there are a few people interested. We could have an initial thinktank meeting. Feel free to propose dates and times.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

letsee, during summer, im mostly free..... at weekdays at 8:00PM-12:00AM

And weekdays pretty much all day.

But some things may occur last minute :l

Pacific time

here are some things that should be discussed relating to world development.

Areas
Monsters
Items
Economy
Maps
Area History/Ballad
NPCs
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

having a skill based system doesn't mean that we can't have a magic academy. it could be a place were people can buy equipment or consumables for spellcasters, where npc's give background information about the nature of magic or give hints how to level up your magic skills and how to use them. it could also be a key location for all kinds of magic related quests.

people could perhaps even become members of the magic academy. not so easy, of course. the academy only takes the most skilled magicans and tests every candidate. being a member doesn't affect your skills or stats but gives you access to some areas of the academy which are usually restricted and other benefits like discount on all items sold at the academy or special quests.

there could be similar organisations as well where a player can become a member to gain benefits. the number of organisations where one can be a member at the same time should be unlimited, but some organisations could be enemies, so that being member of one gives you a disadvantage when dealing with the other and it is impossible to be a member of both.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yet another thread with low productiveness and offtopic stuff.. :roll:
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Low productive?

Post by Bear »

One problem i think thats causing this is an inactive communication method >.>

I think its better to be active in a conversation in mIRC that to post on the forums..
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

This calls for an another dictatorian action by Elven.. ;)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

forums are good for brainstorming but almost useless for decisions.

when you want some good ideas then open a forum thread.

when you want something to be done then ask for volunteers (or make someone volunteer) and let him do it.