No Game Masters on server

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Re: No Game Masters on server

Post by MasterKenobi »

Crush wrote:Yes, it's true. There won't be any GMs on the server for the next days. This is a social experiment. No, this wasn't my idea.
Who's idea was it then? :roll:

Thanks for letting us know in advance......... :x

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

It's no big deal really. I expect the game to continue as it always have.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:
Crush wrote:This is a social experiment. No, this wasn't my idea.
Who's idea was it then? Thanks for letting us know in advance.........
A good question deserves a good answer ... who's up to reply ?
ImageImage
Current character is "Abolish".
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

:shock:
:?
:mrgreen:

do really anyone believes that this is happening ?

i must be dreaming

so who's idea was it so that this person explain how people as GMs can be thrown away as paper hanckershieves like this...
and don't come with what i read

childish don, dyna, prism remarks
Matt where are you, come back to explain and remind them how it was when you had one maggot to kill on one map.

how can Fern or anyone be credible when this happens and say to people to help in the dev, art or content

do you think some of us are leveling just because it is a game, it is an achievment in a way, a personal goal
in a comunity...

you've just open the Pandora box imho

oh btw have you ever seen an irc chan without a bot or a moderator ? you know an international chat of like 150 persons all the time
with no rules

spam did not get a solution still impossible to have a conversation without people spamming around i sell this i buy that and with colors now :) great improvment thanks
botting neither is solved
insults and bad treatment ... still going on

and you just wiped the gm :lol:

humm... :oops:

so be serious for once

Regards

oh Fern, sorry i am not lvl 99, just passed 96 after 9 months playing here, ... leveling i did it on my own with friends and no bottin, yes camping from time to time
just been translating in french in launchpad, .... translating i think i was during a time number 2 in sentences translated in french, spanish
just trying to learn (home) pix art,... pixelinf well got a looooonnnnggg way to go
just wrote some posts here about content and ideas and so on
the ideas and posts ? the only feed back you get is
are you a dev ?
can you do scripting ?
etc
etc
so thanks but just pass your way kid
so i avoid time now

build teams and respect people and you'll get much more of what you ever thought you would get

a game is the reflect of the people who wrote and created it
what do you want tmw to be ?

a selfish game in anarchy controled by bots?
an open comunity?

in first case just do a closed off line game and put it on a cd and just distribute it with magasines
in the second case there are lot's of improvment to do

or may be to much pression on this project for you
or maybe you are selfish and just don't care of what's humanly happening before, now and after
or maybe you just forget to be players but you know just players, not dev testing...

marketing law

forget your customers, they won't after they went away from you

Again
Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Calling people names like childish I find to be far more child like behavor.

I have never had a problem with people spamming for trades cause ignore them all.

There was once a time were people learned not to spam for anything cause later when they asked for help no one would answer them cause they were on ignore. So they had to create new charicters and start over again. You teach people how you want them to treat you.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MasterKenobi wrote:
Crush wrote:Yes, it's true. There won't be any GMs on the server for the next days. This is a social experiment. No, this wasn't my idea.

MK
We had a long discussion on IRC. We've had several without you present....
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

jaxad0127 wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:

MK
We had a long discussion on IRC. We've had several without you present....

So I should spend all my free time on IRC if I want to find out what is going on?

How hard is it to send us a message letting us know, Jax? Really..........??

Also, you didn't answer the question. Who's idea was it??

MK
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MasterKenobi wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:How hard is it to send us a message letting us know, Jax? Really..........??

Also, you didn't answer the question. Who's idea was it??

MK
You'll have to ask Bjorn about that. He's the one that made the final decision and did it.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

MasterKenobi wrote:Also, you didn't answer the question. Who's idea was it??
Only I could have been so reckless, and I'm sorry that I have not informed any GM properly about this. The idea had been with me for a while already, and the latest discussion about whether what a GM did was proper or not tripped me into switching off the GMs.

In short, this is indeed an experiment. It will hopefully give a fresh look at where the problems are, which ones we can solve technically, and where the responsibilities of the GMs should start and end.

Enjoy the game as it is. If you feel this is not possible without GMs, feel free tell us why, but also try to think about alternative solutions.
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

Jumpy wrote:oh Fern, sorry i am not lvl 99, just passed 96 after 9 months playing here, ... leveling i did it on my own with friends and no bottin, yes camping from time to time
just been translating in french in launchpad, .... translating i think i was during a time number 2 in sentences translated in french, spanish
just trying to learn (home) pix art,... pixelinf well got a looooonnnnggg way to go
just wrote some posts here about content and ideas and so on
Great!
Thank you for your help in the translation and any other tasks you've helped or you'll help on. That's what I meant. Really nice! keep it up!
I'm really not saying anything against that, I don't know if I didn't explained well, but in fact I applaud that! Thanks!
Jumpy wrote:the ideas and posts ? the only feed back you get is
are you a dev ?
can you do scripting ?
etc
etc
so thanks but just pass your way kid
so i avoid time now
I can do scripting but I'm not really involved in the development of this game currently (in the game I'm also far from being 96, I'm not a big fan of power leveling and I play the game mostly just meeting with friends that I know), but I just wanted to give my opinion and just try to give some suggestions since I really enjoy this proyect. Just like you give your opinion I just give another point of view from my style of play and my way of having fun, I'm not asking anything I'm just bringing some things that I believe would be helpful. I think we all agree that TMW is a great proyect and we all enjoy it in our own way. If your comment is directed with anger I think that there's no reason for that.

I just think that TMW would be fun if there was more roleplaying. We don't even need technical support for clans to have clans (just like Holy Mana Clan and others already showed)... we can have a clan of "dark" mages who worship an imaginary bloody goddness or a group of nature rangers who have their "hidden basement" in the woods. We just need to join together and start playing, joking and having fun instead of discussions.

There are also other ways that can be added for the game that could also make it funny... perhaps have some special unique item that can be stealed between players (with some sort of #steal command with apropiate casting delay) making it steal only this kind of item and not others... so that there can be some kind of "clan wars" (no pvp) by just trying to steal the special item from one clan to the other.. I don't know.. perhaps that idea is silly but perhaps others can be thought of, while trying to keep it simple to develop.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Bjørn wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:Also, you didn't answer the question. Who's idea was it??
Only I could have been so reckless, and I'm sorry that I have not informed any GM properly about this. The idea had been with me for a while already, and the latest discussion about whether what a GM did was proper or not tripped me into switching off the GMs.

In short, this is indeed an experiment. It will hopefully give a fresh look at where the problems are, which ones we can solve technically, and where the responsibilities of the GMs should start and end.

Enjoy the game as it is. If you feel this is not possible without GMs, feel free tell us why, but also try to think about alternative solutions.

Fair enough, apology accepted.

I hope you'll let us know before you retire us completely. :?

MK
Last edited by MasterKenobi on 25 Sep 2009, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Call me what you want Jumpy...I dont really care.

What I am seeing is that business is as usual in game...probably because from around 12pm to 5pm (pacific time of course, dunno about server time) we didnt HAVE a GM anywhere on server so right now...its like how it always was

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Black Don wrote:
prsm wrote:you two have missed the point, salmondine some of us work hard to get to 99, if the server is shut down or not in the future. the fact bots can now get there too and easily, dimminishs our work.

Fern have you seen how long it takes to change things here, your complete re-write of the game is only wishful thinking ..........

and what do we do in the mean time!!!
How do you think people felt when the skull room opened and people could camp their way to 99 after they had spent months of killing snakes to get to lvl 94. We were told to "suck it up buttercup" cause the game changes. I guess this could apply here too.
Don

Glad to hear that you got rubbed the wrong way from time to time when they make changes also, but i bet your really glad they stopped calling you Buttercup!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

prsm wrote:
Black Don wrote:
prsm wrote:you two have missed the point, salmondine some of us work hard to get to 99, if the server is shut down or not in the future. the fact bots can now get there too and easily, dimminishs our work.

Fern have you seen how long it takes to change things here, your complete re-write of the game is only wishful thinking ..........

and what do we do in the mean time!!!
How do you think people felt when the skull room opened and people could camp their way to 99 after they had spent months of killing snakes to get to lvl 94. We were told to "suck it up buttercup" cause the game changes. I guess this could apply here too.
Don

Glad to hear that you got rubbed the wrong way from time to time when they make changes also, but i bet your really glad they stopped calling you Buttercup!
Alls fair when you look at it from everyones perspective and not just your own point of view.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Delasia
Novice
Novice

Post by Delasia »

Bjørn wrote:and the latest discussion about whether what a GM did was proper or not tripped me into switching off the GMs.
Well that impropriety was apparently mine......AGAIN.

So when the server crashes in the middle of a botcheck and the person doesnt come back within a reasonable time.....someone is supposed to stay until the person comes back because we cant move someone whos not online. And there is absolutely no way to know when the server crashes, because it doesnt do it very often <sarcasm>, so the possiblity could even be considered that it was a happenstance.

OH and the discussion whether it was proper or not was conducted and decided without asking the "GM in question " what happened.

Cheers
Delasia - the depowered.