No Game Masters on server

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: No Game Masters on server

Post by prsm »

well spoken and well said.

I do have concerns for the younger players in the game. There seems to be an abundance of profanity in lieu of the GM'S being gone. Something i dontt see the need for.

I should qualify, when i say younger, i mean younger in real life and yes I know they have heard it before.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

Why do some think, that being a GM/moder/admin/boss is a power? It's rather flippin' burden.
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

prsm wrote:well spoken and well said.

I do have concerns for the younger players in the game. There seems to be an abundance of profanity in lieu of the GM'S being gone. Something i dontt see the need for.

I should qualify, when i say younger, i mean younger in real life and yes I know they have heard it before.
I think a profanity filter in chat is long overdue.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Jurgi wrote:Why do some think, that being a GM/moder/admin/boss is a power? It's rather flippin' burden.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++...
salmondine wrote:I think a profanity filter in chat is long overdue.
As we've gone over several times before, it's impossible. Just ignore those using it.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

Why dont you make an autodisconect if a player doesnt move or click anything in game for 5 minutes even if he is fighting?That would stop botting.even if he is holding the attack buttons in taskbar."If he doesnt do anything for 5 minutes-AUTO DISCONECT".I dont think that is impossible.Every MMORPG game I play has it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

salmondine wrote:I think a profanity filter in chat is long overdue.
A fu<king $hit profanity filter can be easily circumvented, but would be a ha**le for non-dirtymouthed players because of false positives.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Sushi
Peon
Peon

No GMs

Post by Sushi »

When i logged in, a message told me
"For the time being, there are NO GMs on this server"
Is permanet? :?
Player Names:
[i]Sushi_The_Great;Level: 36[/i]
tapion
Novice
Novice

Re: No GMs

Post by tapion »

Nope,its not permanent.If you didnt saw there are too many topics for this.Its just a test
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Re: No GMs

Post by MasterKenobi »

tapion wrote:Nope,its not permanent.If you didnt saw there are too many topics for this.Its just a test
No one told me if it was permanent or not.

It may be permanent either way for some of us GM's. :(

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

I remember when i started Playing this game (you couldnt see players clothes , you had to speak to the tent man to go to the forest because there was no path , and the first female characters where starting to appear , old good times :D ) There where NO GM`S , except maybe Platyna , which i personally never saw inside the game , and if i remember well , not even Rules existed , And there wasnt any technical anti steal drop , and anti spam.
The Game worked Perfectly Ok , there was very little abuse , so why do you need to do this experiment Now?
We have already done an "No GM¨experiment" which lasted nearly 3 years!!!!!!!!
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

I went back and pulled a old post from The Purpose of the GM's thread:

that if we would have continued discussion on without the flame war it might have helped keep us from having these problems today. Anywyays this is it below:

At the risk of being seen as "stirring up more trouble", I'd like to say just a few short thoughts on this topic.

We know there's been some unrest lately. And I suggest that a fully detailed GM Guideline and Code of Conduct be determined and adopted. This way the GMs will know what is expected of them from the "powers that be", and the players will know what is and isn't within their jurisdiction.

GM activity can be evaluated based on a detailed guideline more easily than on an unfinished document that is little different from the rules players read when starting the game. How often a GM can host a spawn party, for example. This way GMs can have a sense of security that they're not taking advantage of their powers, and will not be accused of having done so by players/developers.

Players can know what to expect from a GM. An example might be: an argument between two players. GMs would be told ahead of time whether a dispute is considered part of "role playing", and to be left alone, or that a GM step in and arbitrate. This is just an example, and not my main point. The actual bits and pieces of Guideline/Code of Conduct should be a different thread.

I think it would be best to get such documentation from other games (if they share them), and not try to brain storm a whole new one ourselves.

Eliminating all forms of uncertainty -- for the GMs, for the Players, for the Devs -- will reduce any future stress/tension and help players to get on with the game, and let GMs know what they can/can't do.

Last edited by Doulos on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

++++++++++++ Balthazaar
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
ariani
Peon
Peon

No GMs here on this server themanaworld

Post by ariani »

:S:S:S:S katze now no GM :oops: :oops: :oops: :? :x :( i like GM katze much ëëëëë....

For me Katze Now is BIg GM :D :wink: :wink: :wink:
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Ok I think here I can write :D
So my two cents to this "No GM thing":

- I think after so many complaints it was really a good idea.
- I also think that most stuff works very well without GMs
- In these past two days I saw not more bots then usually. And i did nothing else then usually. I killed the mosteres or picked up the drops or just left them because it was not interesting atm.
- It was not more crowded or emptier then usually in Hurnscald. People acted the same way. Only difference was, many different languages. But for me that's absolutely no problem. I don't have to know everything. Just when people annouce something or need help, that kind of stuff, of course they should talk english and they do so.
- Languages: As I said, I have no problem with people talking other languages around me. It's the same as walking through the city in rl. Enough people who speak other languages and no policeman or anyone would think of telling them to speak german (in my case). We have english as server language so every important stuff here (quests, rules, announcements) are in english. The rest doesn't really matter - to me.
- Casting rain in Hurnscald is less now. I have no idea why because when GMs could do something there was always someone casting rain there, and lagged people horribly.
- Tulimshar is as always. A quiet noob-place. A good place to help people.
- About botting/botters: I just can say, I couldn't be proud of my level, if I'd bot. But there are players who only want levels to show they are so good in this game. When people show off with their levels like that they just lose their face for me. (who was it? Gouki "I bottet from 1 - 11 today" no offence, just an example). I play fair and that's important for me. If others don't they shall deal with it, they just are not honorable.

Over all: This is a great experiment. And I love to see how it goes on. It's very interesting for me. Some people play crazy but most don't behave other then usually.

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

About the fact that there is nobody casting rain in towns: this was solved by technical means. Casting rain in towns has siply been disabled. :wink:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)