My Own Experiement

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Re: My Own Experiement

Post by tapion »

I found the first botter 8)
Attachments
TMW_Screenshot_100.png
TMW_Screenshot_100.png (189.74 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
TMW_Screenshot_97.png
TMW_Screenshot_97.png (170.63 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

MasterKenobi wrote:
Wombat wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:Sorry Wombat, look harder............ or maybe you don't want to find them ........ hmmmm :roll:

MK
You don't seem to want to help. I am looking. Please stop agitating people in the town center by kicking them.
I don't want to help! HA! I've been "helping" for the past year as a GM. What have you done except try to find ways to push the rules to the limit and get away with what you can(like antagonizing players minding their own business or making false claims of GM abuse). You have no credibility! Give it up.

You know very well what is happening in the town center. And I will continue to kick this person until they take the ability to do so away. You may have no loyalty or honor to your friends or this game, but I do.

Why are you looking Wombat? Where have you been the past year, when you could have been looking? It's so convenient you show up to form another one of your "player groups" just when this experiment begins. I know very well what you are trying to do, and I will not help you.

MK

Edit: LOL! the SAME 2 bots as before....... Wombat you're not a very good GM(even if only pretending)
MK, I never made a false claim of GM abuse. I have looked and I have reported bots when I've seen them. I am not trying to do anything but enjoy this game and assist the developers. I do contribute to this game and I do heed advice from others. You say you see two bots I don't. If you aren't going to help, why say they exist? If you aren't going to help work on preventative measures for botting, why mention I missed these bots? I do believe you are attempting to be honest, but if you aren't going to help, but you are going to report that bots are somewhere and won't say where, how is that helping anything? I'll mention again that I've apologized many times and I do contribute to the game. Though my attempts are minor and wouldn't want to blow it up to being something big I've done, I do want to help this game succeed as well as this server.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Cool tapion...did you kill the bot with a monster swarm?
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

nope,the scorpions killed him.How to do the monster swarm?With magic?If so then I am not a mage :P
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

What you do is you walk around where there are a bunch of monsters and get them all to follow you. You have to be careful, but also keep them close as you gather them so they become a concentrated mass. Then once you see the bot, get within range and then run past the bot until the monsters are off your screen. This will make the monsters direct themselves at the bot instead of you, very often killing the bot.

If a bot seems like it won't die after a few tries, just report the issue. Some are currently looking into some sort of CAPTCHA to auto-kick bots. Monster swarming is just one way a player can do it if/until this happens.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

To be fair Wombat, I do believe you are trying to help.

You say I'm not helping and guess what? You're right! I don't believe in this experiment idea at all.

For instance, we don't even know what this "experiment" is supposed to prove or disprove. It's been said that it may help us see where GM intervention is needed in game. Really? How? By judging how people behave with no enforcement of the rules. We've been there.........

IMO this experiment has taken us back several steps and has zero chance of providing any useful information.

Why say I see two bots that you don't? To quite simply show that player groups cannot deal with botting.

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

MasterKenobi wrote:You say I'm not helping and guess what? You're right! I don't believe in this experiment idea at all.

For instance, we don't even know what this "experiment" is supposed to prove or disprove. It's been said that it may help us see where GM intervention is needed in game. Really? How? By judging how people behave with no enforcement of the rules. We've been there.........
Just for the record.
By "We've been there" you mean that this has been done in the past?
I'm curious about that.. at that time there was ignore/anti-steal/anti-spam, etc tools? And there were players willing to colaborate? players willing to reject profanity by enforcing the ignore feature or social rejection?
Why say I see two bots that you don't? To quite simply show that player groups cannot deal with botting.
But people surely can also try to find bots while there are GMs don't report it and then later say that GM groups can't deal with botting, the same way as you are doing.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

If nobody sees a bot, it can't be proven to be a problem and thus overcoming the bot can't be attempted by players. If players fail to overcome perceived bots, then perhaps it will be easier to see where botting needs to be prevented by developers or if GM intervention is needed. Though I heard you mention you don't want to spend your life on IRC, it does help to talk to people there to get a fuller picture of how you can help with the game while the GMs are not active. If you don't want to help me, I understand, but please understand I'm more trying to discover the limitations of player abilities to handle problems in the game than anything else. This makes the job of the GMs easier by having more empowered players and more preventative measures by developers.

Here is one case that I currently, as a player, could not fully overcome: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8405
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

MasterKenobi wrote:I've been "helping" for the past year as a GM. What have you done except try to find ways to [...]
As I said in previous posts, I think you deserve all the merits for your help and you, and all the GMs were useful... but now that we have chance to test some tools and try to find an auto-balance to the gameworld it's an opportunity to see if this little society is already stable enough to avoid imposing rules (at least some of the rules).

In fact I think that you should be happy that you have some sort of holidays from the hard duties of being a GM, instead of being a bit (at least as I perceive it, sorry if I'm wrong) pissed off.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Fern wrote:In fact I think that you should be happy that you have some sort of holidays from the hard duties of being a GM, instead of being a bit (at least as I perceive it, sorry if I'm wrong) pissed off.
Unfortunately, the GMs are getting more abuse right now than they used to.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Fern wrote:In fact I think that you should be happy that you have some sort of holidays from the hard duties of being a GM, instead of being a bit (at least as I perceive it, sorry if I'm wrong) pissed off.

I found out today I'm a NOOBwhore, and I thought to myself...... Wow, this experiment sure is fun, I'm glad I signed off on it beforehand..... :wink:

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

jaxad0127 wrote:

Maybe it is the players turn to return the favour for past abuse with out repercussions.
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Wombat wrote: MK, I never made a false claim of GM abuse. I have looked and I have reported bots when I've seen them. I am not trying to do anything but enjoy this game and assist the developers. I do contribute to this game and I do heed advice from others. You say you see two bots I don't. If you aren't going to help, why say they exist? If you aren't going to help work on preventative measures for botting, why mention I missed these bots? I do believe you are attempting to be honest, but if you aren't going to help, but you are going to report that bots are somewhere and won't say where, how is that helping anything? I'll mention again that I've apologized many times and I do contribute to the game. Though my attempts are minor and wouldn't want to blow it up to being something big I've done, I do want to help this game succeed as well as this server.
Wombat you should be ashamed to talk this way to the most respectable person on that server and game!
MK always acted in an honest way, with transparency, he gave a lot of his person in an humble and clear way.

you're just an individual oportunist manipulating and deforming the game as it develops
of course you help but in what way treating people
who do you think believes you are anything else than this?

read the values and principles of your group... you don't follow any of these for yourself as you are a selfish person
go and play on your own serv with your several chars automate them and leave this serv alone develop itself without persons as you with no moral.
and don't say again you are just playing a role so that the comunity evolves
your apologize seems so poor, keep them for you as they sound fake
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Jumpy, nothing I said had ill will in it.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

one of the most respectable people / gm on the server right. Who shows favorism which I have certainly proved. And which he proved himself with his own prior remark.

Why was I not kicked when I was torturing other people? Hrmmm and here I thought it was just those other two gm's that showed favorism.
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.