Map Editor For Win32?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Raven
Peon
Peon

Post by Raven »

Modanung you rock too :P i always like to stay on the good side of admins/mods as they call the shots although myself i dont like people who flame

And Adr yeh i agree ( i dont know much about the technical stuff) but having to download tiled to have to download another un-runable -not unrunable but for some noobs its frustrating - app started by .bats i reach for my .metal bat

And as for the idea of a nice built-in editor with the same gui as i the game im all for because i like the cutesy-fantasy gooey you have as it represents anime for me :P just seeing them and (although im only 15) brings back fond memories of my sega-mega drive days lol werent they wicked? sonic ruled - and still does - the world. Anyway i hope to be of any assistance to you guys wether its getting you known on some websites or anything else im all for it :D

Regards,
Raven
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

adr wrote:Why not, as a longer-term solution obviously, release a map editor reusing the GUI and much of the code as tmw uses itself? I realize that this might not be very feasible since you guys (and us players) want to work more on the game than a map editor, but is it any less feasible than relying on someone else to build the map editor you use?
In the long term my prefered replacement would probably be a client-integrated editor which allows players with mapper status to directly change the map and commit their changes.
adr
Peon
Peon

Post by adr »

In the long term my prefered replacement would probably be a client-integrated editor which allows players with mapper status to directly change the map and commit their changes.
That seems a little bit bleeding edge for a live server. That's like running out of CVS.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I agree with Bjorn, in Ultima Online they used this way, it is nice to see the changes hot plugging. And when we will have a stable enough server we probably won't need to store server-data in cvs... :roll: