Archers need some Love

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Archers need some Love

Post by MasterKenobi »

It seems that archers are in need of some attention.

I was thinking instead of a new weapon, or adding a non-implemented one (desert bow). Why not add something that will increase the archers Accuracy or Dexterity? As Jaxad said in another thread about the clover, "one point could be huge". So I was thinking something like a pair of archers goggles.

They could increase dexterity/accuracy(whichever is doable) yet not add much in defense and be detrimental to magic use, as to not appeal to Warriors or a Mage.

I think this would add a new look for some players in the game, give a needed boost to archers, and could easily be implemented using existing goggle/leather goggle design. Like a rose or yellow tinted glass. They also would not necessarily need a quest to be implemented, like the clover.

Anyways, just a thought I had. I have no skills to implement this so someone else would have to take up the challenge and actually DO the work.

Thanks for your time.

MK

EDIT: If this has been mentioned before forgive me. A quick search turned up nothing. :)
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Archers need some Love

Post by MasterKenobi »

Dallas wrote:Or just use the regular/leather goggles already in game
Except those are nearly impossible to acquire, unless you are talking about re-introducing them? I didn't think that would go over too well with those who have worked hard to get them and consider them part of a "rare" collection.

MK
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

we're working on a rebalancing update and haven't forgotten about archers. :-)

-- fate
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

fate wrote:Hi,

we're working on a rebalancing update and haven't forgotten about archers. :-)

-- fate
Ooooooooooo, I got a little tingly...... :D EDIT: NOW I'm a little worried too!
Gouki wrote:
Does it include new ammo for archers? :P
Don't hijack my thread! :wink:

MK
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Should be some new monsters soon that archers and warriors will be effective against (to roughly the same degree that magi are effective against skulls) :)

We're also looking at how ranged combat is calculated. Should be some fairly big updates soon, with any luck... :wink:

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Freeyorp101 wrote:Should be some new monsters soon that archers and warriors will be effective against (to roughly the same degree that magi are effective against skulls) :)

We're also looking at how ranged combat is calculated. Should be some fairly big updates soon, with any luck... :wink:

---Freeyorp
You guys are getting me too excited! Someone in my condition should remain calm.......... :D

MK
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

MasterKenobi wrote:It seems that archers are in need of some attention.

I was thinking instead of a new weapon, or adding a non-implemented one (desert bow). Why not add something that will increase the archers Accuracy or Dexterity? As Jaxad said in another thread about the clover, "one point could be huge". So I was thinking something like a pair of archers goggles.

They could increase dexterity/accuracy(whichever is doable) yet not add much in defense and be detrimental to magic use, as to not appeal to Warriors or a Mage.

I think this would add a new look for some players in the game, give a needed boost to archers, and could easily be implemented using existing goggle/leather goggle design. Like a rose or yellow tinted glass. They also would not necessarily need a quest to be implemented, like the clover.

Anyways, just a thought I had. I have no skills to implement this so someone else would have to take up the challenge and actually DO the work.

Thanks for your time.

MK

EDIT: If this has been mentioned before forgive me. A quick search turned up nothing. :)

how about a monocle..??? i can take a crack at making it if you like.. hehe i mite try anyway :mrgreen:
Attachments
SS550_cat_monocle_F_detail.jpg
SS550_cat_monocle_F_detail.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

MasterKenobi wrote:
Dallas wrote:Or just use the regular/leather goggles already in game
Except those are nearly impossible to acquire, unless you are talking about re-introducing them? I didn't think that would go over too well with those who have worked hard to get them and consider them part of a "rare" collection.

MK
It is a test server. It is not like we have not reintroduced 'rares' before. I remember ranger hats going for about a Million+ gp at one point, and were later reintroduced with JackO. Precedence has been set. Feel free to introduce goggles and any other rare. Same goes for T-Necks. Rare, then available again in quests.

:-P