Jeans Shorts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Would you like an NPC to sell Jeans Shorts?

Yes
30%
No
61%
Maybe
9%

Total votes: 56
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Jeans Shorts

Post by Dark Lord »

Can we have an NPC in hurnscald that sells Jeans Shorts? Its too difficult to kill thousands of snakes to get one pair, or could we at least make them a more frequent drop?

Regards
DarkLord

EDIT: There is a poll to vote on this now and hopefully DEVs take action
Last edited by Dark Lord on 29 Oct 2009, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Jeans Shorts

Post by Ceros »

Dark Lord wrote:Can we have an NPC in hurnscald that sells Jeans Shorts? Its too difficult to kill thousands of snakes to get one pair, or could we at least make them a more frequent drop?

Regards
DarkLord
Hey, maybe you could, I don't know, buy them from other players perhaps? I know several people sell them (myself included). Why not just ask around?
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

Ceros wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:Can we have an NPC in hurnscald that sells Jeans Shorts? Its too difficult to kill thousands of snakes to get one pair, or could we at least make them a more frequent drop?

Regards
DarkLord
Hey, maybe you could, I don't know, buy them from other players perhaps? I know several people sell them (myself included). Why not just ask around?
Alright, are you online? I'll buy a pair off you
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Dark Lord wrote:
Ceros wrote:

Regards
DarkLord
Alright, are you online? I'll buy a pair off you
I'll be online sometime around 5PM EST today, whisper me in game.

@Spammaster: Yep!
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

too difficult?

is it a question of time consuming killing mobs in order to get THE drop?
is it a question of level ? do the mobs kill you again and again?

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Jumpy wrote:too difficult?

is it a question of time consuming killing mobs in order to get THE drop?
is it a question of level ? do the mobs kill you again and again?

Regards
I think it is a matter of effort.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

One thing I have noticed when I have had to work on getting certain items. While working on getting the items I forget about the exp points and just concentrate on killing the monsters for the items. Once you get the item you are fighting for and look at your exp points you may be surprised at how much exp you have gained. At least cave snakes are not aggressive so you can kill one, sit, heal and kill another.
Pixiebobs
Novice
Novice

Post by Pixiebobs »

I feel this way .
If you Play the game you get the items you need ,

Going after Jeans Gives you iron potions and Hard spikes as well as tongues .

Or do you wanna have to buy all that junk.?
Pixie
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get The Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA. This is Dr. Sniffle reporting from Quitchur Bitchen
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Pixiebobs wrote:I feel this way .
If you Play the game you get the items you need ,

Going after Jeans Gives you iron potions and Hard spikes as well as tongues .

Or do you wanna have to buy all that junk.?
Pixie
At least buying it from a player causes someone else to work. Requesting to have an NPC to sell it.. meh!
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

killing cave snakes gives

jeans (for jeans chap)
cave lamp (for a quest in Dimond Cove)
cave snakes tongues (used for magic i think, i don't remember well and also for another quest... did that a long time ago so i am not sure... anyway tongues :) )
cave snakes eggs

so it is worth a try and spend lot's of time other there

effort said someone here

yep sir

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Rosh
Peon
Peon

Post by Rosh »

In the mana world you have the problem that many things take very long time to get them and many players get to the point, when they see that both leveling up and getting good items are too far away.

And I understand that it is discouraging, that at every monster you kill there is only a tiny chance to get, what you need. And if it does not drop, there is not any progress. Killing monsters boredly for an hour without any progress is not too useful, I suppose.
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

That is the problem with balancing difficulty of quests, leveling, etc. Yes, there are some "gaps" in gameplay "I have done all I can, next quest is far beyond my reach".
But remember, that TMW is now very, very test version. Professional development teams, (like Blizzard) have hundreds of people working on a game, in full time, for several years. And they are paid for this. TMW developers work for free, and we (all players) are free testing team. ;)
Some more quests and places will resolve this problem, but we just have to wait a bit. In the meantime we all can suggests new quests. :)

On the other hand, some quests are such mindblowing (e.g. robberies in Hurnscald), that without tips they are really hard to resolve. They look more like taken from oldschool text-adventure game, than mmorpg. Some people will like it, some do not. Some may like logical mysteries, some want pure hack'n'slash action.

I, personally, do not think that getting jeans shorts is so difficult. I get three pairs with little effort, just seeking for lamp and leveling.
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Well, it comes down to the fact that there is very limited content in TMW to begin with. Playing all the quests, you might be busy for a week, max. While some things might take you forever, this is in a way, a good thing. The time it takes you to get something adds to yet another aspect of the game. If you could go into town and buy every item you needed from an NPC, once you got done with the quests, what would you have left to do? Nothing, really..

As it stands now, you can buy almost every top notch weapon and armor from batting in the bat caves for a while. Jean Chaps, Jean Shorts, Warlord Plate and Helms, there are people who buy and sell these all over. If you really don't want to go gather all the components yourself, you can buy them from someone who has already done it. Just be aware that you are taking some of the enjoyment (and frustration) out of the game.

If you give a newbie a warlord helm, steel shield, setzer, warlord plate, then they don't have any appreciation for those items. If they earn them themselves, they have a much better appreciation of those items.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Ceros wrote: If you give a newbie a warlord helm, steel shield, setzer, warlord plate, then they don't have any appreciation for those items. If they earn them themselves, they have a much better appreciation of those items.
+1

should the equipment of warlord of archer or mage be only reachable by winning them because of the efforts done to get them in game, and, so, not be boughtable?
in over words...

amulets can not be sold
armors can not be sold
mage robe cannot be sold
and for archers a camouflage equipement cannot be sold (it doesn't exist yet but would be clothes that makes higher the archers vit or dext or str by giving the power as cameleon to hide and attack)

what can be sold are foods, items, clothes, and some basics weapons such as powders and daggers, knives for mages, arrows and basic bows for archers, simple swords for warriors

another option would be affecting the stats of those items : if second hand (bought or gifts) they loose half of their powers till you go and see npcs that would repair them or give them back their powers at high prices.
1 kk to get back the powers throught the old mage in the house up woodland, etc etc

i think this would be a great thing to have a system that would allow people to gain throught quests and effort unbuyable items. would be so much value for the game itself.
in many ways...

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Tahli
Novice
Novice

Post by Tahli »

OK, I'll be the only person with positive feedback on this post, you can do a quest for a forest bow, an npc sells it, as with silk robe and players sell most items, I'm just saying that maybe you guys should give DL a break. It's a fantastic idea he had and I would love to see it come into action. If you can buy it from players, why not be able to buy it for an npc? Besides, sometimes players don't want to sell, thatr can be frustrating and some people can't kill snakes, their level is too low. honestly, it's a good idea, what's wrong with it?
:DTahli, Admin on three servers that are not my own. :D