can't view stats page

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

can't view stats page

Post by swimmy »

screen.jpg
screen.jpg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
i can't see the the stats page.
please fix it...

Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.20
who was...
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: can't view stats page

Post by Jumpy »

same here since 2 days Swimmy

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

it is intention, so there is nothing to be fixed.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Personally I have no knowledge about this, so assuming Turmfalke is right:

Please add a short note in the news subforum wherein is stated that the stats have been taken down, preferably with a short explanation (what most readers would wonder is if it will come back in some form or other or if it has been decided that no such stats are to be provided at all).

Keep on working on the communication channels between everyone involved in this project! ;)

Also, remember that nothing has been mentioned in this thread, which still is stickied in the Players subforum.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Ces,

excellent point. Let me explain this one (as I was the one who suggested this change): Since one significant motivation for botting is making it into the `high score' lists, it seemed helpful to remove those. (Since the top slots are all filled with 99s, which in turn is due to mindless grinding having unfortunately been simplified, the list isn't as interesting anymore as it used to be when alotta and Lore were leading it anyway.)

I'm not aware of any plans for returning these lists.

-- fate
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Thank you for the explanation fate! :mrgreen: Now we just need someone to take care of the sticky thread.

I’m personally not going to miss them as I’ve never really checked them in the first place.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

fate wrote:Ces,

excellent point. Let me explain this one (as I was the one who suggested this change): Since one significant motivation for botting is making it into the `high score' lists, it seemed helpful to remove those. (Since the top slots are all filled with 99s, which in turn is due to mindless grinding having unfortunately been simplified, the list isn't as interesting anymore as it used to be when alotta and Lore were leading it anyway.)

I'm not aware of any plans for returning these lists.

-- fate
Besides this reason, if you are a scammer, it would be more lucrative to pull someone off the 'most money list'. I believe that Trunks picked his victims from this list when he was social engineering.

Well, that and all the gold digging bitches in this game have an indication of who to go after.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Dallas,

that page never tracked the amount of gold people had in their bank accounts or on their mules, so it was worthless for that purpose. We have better mechanisms in place now that only need some more automation and fine-tuning. ;-)

-- fate