Change "Banned For Spamming Message"

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Change "Banned For Spamming Message"

Post by Ceros »

The default message to "Banned For Spamming" should probably be changed to something else. There has never been a need to contact GMs because, as stated in Courthouse Forum stickies:

bans won't be reset because we don't know what happened

Also there isn't any reason to contact a GM (nor are you able to without posting a thread in the forums which will be ignored) because you can't do it in game and there currently aren't any GMs anyway.

I suggest the message be changed to: "You were automatically banned for spamming. Read courthouse stickies!" or something. Just for fun, I checked and BannedForSpamming.com was available, so I got the domain name and once the DNS change propogates I'll point it to the appropriate courthouse forum thread - if you guys want me to transfer the domain to you or whatever or utilize it in the message that would work also... "Visit BannedForSpamming.com!"

(BannedForSpamming.Info was also available and would be a good comedy choice)

Edit:

Looks like the like the redirect works. www.bannedforspamming.com
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Change "Banned For Spamming Message"

Post by Crush »

I don't know what surprises me more - that this domain name is still unregistred or that you want to pay the registration fee for such a specific purpose.

We could just put a system call in the client which opens a url in the default browser.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Change "Banned For Spamming Message"

Post by Ceros »

Crush wrote:I don't know what surprises me more - that this domain name is still unregistred or that you want to pay the registration fee for such a specific purpose.

We could just put a system call in the client which opens a url in the default browser.
I register stupid domain names all the time - but I was pretty surprised that it was available also. Anyways, $8.80 a year isn't a whole lot to keep from seeing "umm banned for spamming whut?" posts disappearing from the Courthouse forums. :wink:

edit: I would touch up the post I am linked to now (flushing it out and explaining in the first post) that the ban is automated, 1 hour, won't be undone, etc. Most people are too damn lazy too read past the first post it appears (or read stickies).