Vulching

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

michellembrodeur
Peon
Peon

Vulching

Post by michellembrodeur »

Please find a way to stop people from vulching.

Its hard enough to kill a red scorpian. But some jerk always comes up and still it from you, because its targetting you and they can hit it without worry and still the loot.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

What a dumbass, he could do it from yards away, sitting... if he just used his mouse.

Anyway, yea, needs to be done something about this. Like having a tag to the item of the rightful owner, and if he's more then 5 tiles away or waits longer then 5 seconds the tag is removed and everyone can pick it up.
Something like that.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

That would be a good idea :)
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

I like the idea too
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

i think he was rather talking about ppl attacking the very same monster you're fighting with. forbidding *that* would also totally remove pack-hunting and players-helping-weaker-players, though.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yes, the same thing also happens a lot in agreement between players. I even think the dude attacking the scorpion you were fighting could actually be trying to do you a favour in most cases, and would be expecting you to attack a scorpion that's attacking him in return.

If it really turns out this is a big problem, a request for help key could be introduced that you need to press before somebody can attack the monster you're fighting. Also, we'll eventually implement teams in which case teammembers would have automatic permissions to help you fight a monster.
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

i think this'll probably be self-regulating once the higher-level characters have somewhere to wander off to, so they dont "bother" the newbies as much.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Bjørn wrote:Yes, the same thing also happens a lot in agreement between players. I even think the dude attacking the scorpion you were fighting could actually be trying to do you a favour in most cases, and would be expecting you to attack a scorpion that's attacking him in return.

If it really turns out this is a big problem, a request for help key could be introduced that you need to press before somebody can attack the monster you're fighting. Also, we'll eventually implement teams in which case teammembers would have automatic permissions to help you fight a monster.
Perhaps you could make it a toggle system? If you press it, you constantly are sending a call for "help." That way, you don't have to keep pressing it every time you attack a new monster.

Another idea would be to add a small visual cue. Perhaps some display above your head that says, "HELP!!"? That way, everybody knows that you WANT them to attack the same monster you are? Maybe there would be a way to toggle between visual display and not. Obviously this would be on our own server... but just something to consider. If you turn help off, nobody (except party members) can attack the monsters you are. If you turn it on, you are allowing for free attack. Perhaps you could toggle both of these via the options window? The help/no-help and display/no-display options, I mean.