beastmans of the forest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

triton
Peon
Peon

beastmans of the forest

Post by triton »

Hi, I created a creature half human and half beast that lives in forests and are often hidden most of the time.
come out at night and feed on berries.
have two large tusks which they use to dig food while protected from its enemies.
I hope you like my drawing. thanks
Attachments
tmwbeast.jpg
tmwbeast.jpg (136.34 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Re: beastmans of the forest

Post by feline monstrosity »

I like the way this isn't just a generic fantasy creature we've seen in a thousand games before. Also we need some monsters that actually look menacing. I feel absolutely no threat from a "pinkie" or even a scorpion.

Good job on this drawing, I like it!
~Feline Monstrosity
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Could you also provide rough sketches for how it moves about and attacks to help the poor pixel level animators a bit?

Preferably in the correct perspective too.

I like the combination of elements too. How big does this scale next to our player? A size reference rendition is also making realizing your vision significantly easier.
This message used to be meaningful.
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

hello all, I thank you like my drawing but what I like is to serve as conceptual art.
is that there are people in this forum that dominates the Saven create pixel art and animations, I like my objects to create characters and monsters from the viewpoint of conceptual art.
I hope not bother you. I am currently working on two new types of monsters and when I have the publishes.
encourage people to create the character in his version pixel and its movements.
a greeting and thanks.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Not at all, you may draw all you desire, we actually need a lot of ideas on the long run.

More and more interesting monsters never hurts, so do knock yourself out.
This message used to be meaningful.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Rotonen wrote:so do knock yourself out.
Considering he appears to be using translation software using phrases like this might not be such a good idea.
~Feline Monstrosity
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Rotonen wrote:Could you also provide rough sketches for how it moves about and attacks to help the poor pixel level animators a bit?

Preferably in the correct perspective too.

I like the combination of elements too. How big does this scale next to our player? A size reference rendition is also making realizing your vision significantly easier.
I think he looks to be about a little more then half the size of a man. I see his mode of travel being one in which he places his great hands on the ground and swings his rear feet up between his arms, sets them down, and then repeats. As for attacking I think that having one paw on the ground would be nice, followed by a swiping action with the other, but the artist seemed to prefer a goring attack with the tusks. So maybe some sort of bore like lunge.
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

I think you're right when you say it would be logical to attack with claws instead of fangs.
seeing the picture you are quite right. This creature was inspired by a wild boar and so I thought it would be important to attack with fangs, but can also do it with their paws.
hkurn
Peon
Peon

Post by hkurn »

I think this is very good concept art!
Hi, I created a creature half human and half beast
How large did you think it should be? Approximately the size of a human?
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

hello, I've been thinking about this beast and still have not found her name, I accept your suggestions.
the beast is the size of a person around, eats both meat and vegetables and live in herds in the darkest forest. searches for food at night to avoid contact with humans.
definitely when you do have to attack with its claws which also rarely used to climb the rocks or even climb a tree if they are harassed.
uses its large tusks to protect your face from any attack by another male beast in the breeding season,
also uses its tusks to lift the earth in search of tubers with which to feed.
well, this would be a small description of this creature to give you an idea, I invite you to help me to give life to this idea in this great game.
greetings
hkurn
Peon
Peon

Post by hkurn »

I like the exaggerated features of the creature :D
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Enough has been said about the picture, if you have a graphic, outline, sketch or pixelart to share do it, if not, don't jam the thread.
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

Hi, I made a sketch of how you might move in its natural state:
one is the drawing on a rock ready to jump.
drawing the two this jumping.
in the draw three-four is walking.
in the drawing five this jumping to climb a tree.
in the drawing six is climbing up the tree.
I hope you liked it.
greetings
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (29.76 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

the animation of this beast
Attachments
choni.gif
choni.gif (85.87 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

As portuguese say: this is too much sand for my truck, but whatever...here it goes....I haven't done much though...
Attachments
01.png
01.png (3.88 KiB) Viewed 3124 times

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!