ManaPlus - Former Official TMW Client v1.6.4.23

Development discussions for TMW's official client, alternative clients and client adaptations.

Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Re: TMW Client Patch

Post by Galadriel »

thanks for a nice patch.

I did mention this in-game, so this is a reminder only:

I request that the "V" key (Move to target) should bring the warrior toward the target and stop when the targeting circle changes from red to blue: this would bring swords very close, and archers farther away. Currently Move to target brings us face to face with the target. This can be a problem with some archers.

thanks.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

One very small thing I would like to see: ability to close unneeded tabs (and this drop-down menu) in chat window. When the windows is not wide enough I do not see appearing new tabs.

And nothing more to complain form me. :)
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Jurgi wrote:One very small thing I would like to see: ability to close unneeded tabs (and this drop-down menu) in chat window. When the windows is not wide enough I do not see appearing new tabs.

And nothing more to complain form me. :)
Just type

/close

inside whatever tab you would like to close. The default client supports this behavior.
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

Thanks.
However, it does not on "debug" tab ("unknown command") and I would like to switch off drop-down menu. :)
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

New patch release.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

4144 wrote:
Crush wrote: Insert unicode chars in chat (ported from qoal patch). <-- See if it ok as it is.
Huh? I have no problem with writing unicode chars in the chat. Is this a linux only problem?
It's unicode shortcuts in chat window. Keys F2-F12 allow enter different unicode symbols.
For the official client I would rather do this differently:
1. Support arbitrary Unicode code point input, for instance as &#10084; or &x#2764; or 0x2764 or /u2764 or something similar for adding ❤ if you cannot type it directly.
2. Add support for entering certain symbols/characters (which may not be part of Unicode) either selecting from a symbol picker and/or typing an escaped sequnce.

A feature request for this is already on Mantis.
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

I downloaded the file for Ubuntu, tmw_0.0.29.1-1_i386.deb. I opened it with the package installer and I get an error message:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: tmw-data (= 0.0.29.1-1)

I tried downloading the full package tmw-data_0.0.29.1-1_all.deb. When running the install on that I get:

Error: Breaks exisiting package 'tmw' dependency tmw-data (= 0.0.28.1-1)

I cannot find a file anywhere called tmw-data. I'm not sure what this all means or how I can install this in Ubuntu. Please help. I don't know how to edit source and recompile and all that jazz. I'll need step by step instructions if it winds up being more complicated.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You need to install the tmw and tmw-data packages together. Or remove them from synaptic, then install the debs (data first).
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

jaxad0127 wrote:You need to install the tmw and tmw-data packages together. Or remove them from synaptic, then install the debs (data first).
At first I had installed it through Synaptic but found out I was one version behind. So I found some instructions online for installing the latest version from source. So I did that. Could that be what's making it go wrong?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If you're doing it from source, why do you have debs?
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

jaxad0127 wrote:If you're doing it from source, why do you have debs?
I dunno. That's what was on the download page at http://tmw.cetki.com/4144/ for Ubuntu.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

JackDeth wrote:I downloaded the file for Ubuntu, tmw_0.0.29.1-1_i386.deb. I opened it with the package installer and I get an error message:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: tmw-data (= 0.0.29.1-1)
It says what first need install tmw-data (tmw-data_0.0.29.1-1_all.deb)
JackDeth wrote: I tried downloading the full package tmw-data_0.0.29.1-1_all.deb. When running the install on that I get:

Error: Breaks exisiting package 'tmw' dependency tmw-data (= 0.0.28.1-1)
It says what other tmw version installed.
JackDeth wrote: I cannot find a file anywhere called tmw-data. I'm not sure what this all means or how I can install this in Ubuntu. Please help. I don't know how to edit source and recompile and all that jazz. I'll need step by step instructions if it winds up being more complicated.
For install debs in ubuntu first need uninstall previous tmw versions.
Then install tmw-data_0.0.29.1-1_all.deb
next install tmw_0.0.29.1-1_i386.deb
Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

Verbose Ubuntu 9.04 Compiling Instructions:

Note: For Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
1. Follow the instructions below to compile using patch 0.08,
OR
2. Click Here for instructions to compile using patch 0.09.

Uninstall standard TMW (0.0.29.1)
  • Open Synaptic Package Manager (System > Administration> Synaptic Package Manager)
  • Click Search button
  • Type tmw and click [search]
  • Highlight all installed tmw files and select "Mark for removal" then click the Apply button, top left.
  • Once uninstalled, close Synaptic.
Download
Sourcefile for 0.0.29.1 and 4144 Patch.

Preparing TMW with 4144 Patch:
  • Create folder on Desktop and name it tmw and double-click to open.
  • Double-click sourcefile (tmw-0.0.29.1.tar.gz).
  • When the file roller opens (compressed file manager), double-click the folder tmw-0.0.29.1
  • When you see folders and files, highlight them all and drag them to the open tmw folder.
  • Close the compressed file manager (File Roller).
  • Double-click the 4144 patch (tmw-0.0.29.1-4144-v0.8.diff.bz2) and drag the 4144 patch (tmw-0.0.29.1-4144-v0.8.diff) to the tmw folder (on the desktop)
  • Rename tmw-0.0.29.1-4144-v0.8.diff to 4144.diff
Compiling TMW with 4144 Patch:
  • Open a Terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and navigate in the Terminal to the tmw folder on the desktop:

Code: Select all

cd Desktop/tmw
  • Issue the following commands in the Terminal:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libphysfs-dev libguichan-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxml2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev autoconf2.13 libtool gettext cvs
    Note: if any of the above tools are already installed, apt-get will ignore them (so this only need be done once). After they're installed, proceed to the next step.

./configure

patch -p0 <4144.diff

autoreconf -i

make

sudo make install
  • Close the terminal
  • Play the game
Note: if game crashes prior to completing the login sequence (each time), then rename the .tmw folder:

mv ~/.tmw ~/.tmw-old
Restart the program.

Uninstalling 0.0.29.1.4144
  • Open a Terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and navigate in the Terminal to the 'tmw' folder on the desktop:

cd Desktop/tmw
  • Issue the following command:

sudo make uninstall
  • drag 'tmw' folder to trash
Edited for 0.6 update
added ./configure
added uninstall
Last edited by Galadriel on 15 Nov 2009, 22:41, edited 27 times in total.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

4144: you may already be aware of this. But it is no longer possible to close tabs. /close returns an error.

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Galadriel wrote:4144: you may already be aware of this. But it is no longer possible to close tabs. /close returns an error.
I know about it. It's bug.
To avoid this bug, uncheck in settings / chat "Allow magic and GM commands in all chat tabs"