Some ideas

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

moi1392
Peon
Peon

Some ideas

Post by moi1392 »

Hello all Mana Worlders :)

fisrt, i'm sorry for my poor english.. if you don't understand something, it's normal (:p) say me what and I try to re-explain it.

After playing some hours, i got some ideas about the gameplay. I put them, but I think they can be improved. If you like them, please answer and say what you like and what you want to improve. If you don't like them, answer too and say why.

About dying :

I thik the die is too powerful in the game, you can die and recup half of your total life with no penalty...
One idea could be when dying, divide all stat by 2 (or less), and they return at normal slowly (for example, one point every 5 second). In that way, if you die repeatly, your stat are very low and you must wait, or kill lower monsters since your stats returns to normal...
Another idea could be a mix of World of Warcraft and Diablo : when you die, your body is left where you dye, and you become a soul in the nearest gaveyard, with very few possibilities to interact with the world. If you can find or get your body (monsters are to powerful for example) you have a countdown that say you in how many time you can get it in the next church you enter. In that case, we must put many gaveyard and church in the world :)

About healing :

Healing is too powerful in dongeons but too weak in town... potion are ineficient !
My idea is to stop auto-healing in dongeon, in that case, we can put weakers monsters in that and it more interesting to catch chest in them in group (with white mage) and potion become interesting. We must have potion that heal more life that they currently does : 10 and 15 hp is too small for a potion comparatively to a rosted maggot...
In town, it could be a good idea to have healers NPC (for example, the priest) that heal all your live for a little amount of GP (1 or 2)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

About death, there's another thread somewhere in the forum.

About healing well at least we were thinking on adding a healer NPC.
moi1392
Peon
Peon

Post by moi1392 »

thanks for reply :)

I got some other ideas ;)

About jobs :

What about a repair/improve equipment job ? All equipment have a resistance that decrease as you use it (be attacked for armor, attack for weapon, ...). when resistance is 0, you can't use this item anymore. Repairing it require at least level 1 in the job, and adequate material (leather for learther armor, ...) If you job level is higer, you can repair more resistance point with one material.
To improve, we need higer job level. An improver could, for example, add poison ability to a weapon with a scorpion stinger, this ability have durability points that decrease as long as you use it. When these points are 0, the ability is removed from the equipment. Higher job level give higher durability point when improving a item.

High leveled players in that job can sell theirs habilities to other players, and low level can repair their equipment in dongeons.

About gameplay :

I think it could be useful to add default chat message in keyboard shortcut (for example numpad). These default messages could be overriden by each use. With that, we can rapidly say usual sentenses like "yes", "no", "i need help", ...

It could be useful too to add a message that dont desapear, like : "i'm come back at 13h30" If a friend find you in a town, he know that you're not here for 30 minutes...
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

about that permanent message idea: if you wanna inform people of something that isnt actually part of the game, use email, an instant messenger or whatever - the game isn't the right place for that. if you want to idle, there's always irc (internet relay chat, also known as "idling retard collective").

about the wear-and-tear on items: not a bad idea, though i wouldn't want it applied to my hard-to-get quest items.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Hmm i think in game messages could be helpful to inform people that you're gone for a while, something like brb, afk, lunch or whatever else...
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

maybe. not as text, though, as that'd just spam everyone. more like a permanent emoticon, or how about the player getting semi-transparent (and non-solid, so he doesnt get in the way)?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

In RO they did it this way

I don't think it could be considered as spam though.